𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

➶

Sam pulled an unconscious Ivanna onto the shore, panicking as he noticed she wasn't breathing, "Come on, Ivanna." He growled out in frustration as he placed his hands together over her chest, giving her chest compressions.

He leaned down to her chest to listen for a heartbeat or to feel her chest rise, but neither happened, "Jacob, what's going on?" Bella cried out as she noticed that Ivanna wasn't moving. The girls lips were blue as her skin was pale and ice cold.

"I, I don't know. She was under the water longer than you were." Jacob placed his hands behind his head as he paced back and forth, feeling immense guilt at not seeing her in the waters below.

"Come on, Ivanna!" Sam yelled out in frustration as the chest compressions weren't working. He pinched her nose close and placed his mouth over hers, creating a tight seal as he blew air into her mouth that reached her lungs, her chest rising shortly before he did it once again, then went back to chest compressions.

Jacob clenched his teeth together, tears filling his eyes as he watched his best friend lay there motionless. He should've treated her better, he was just so upset so he took his anger out on her when she was the last person who deserved it, "Sam." He choked out, "It's too late." He placed a hand on the older man's shoulder in a comforting way, but Sam shrugged him off.

Sam went to give her air again but stopped when her eyes shot open and she started to choke on water, "Turn her over, turn her!" Jacob yelled as he ran to flip her onto her side so she wouldn't choke on the water again.

Ivanna spit out the water that was in her lungs, coughing it all up onto the sand. She weakly turned onto her stomach to lift herself up on her arms and knees. Sam patted her on the back to help her, the salt water burned and scratched her throat as it came back up, leaving her with a raw voice.

Tears filled her eyes as she thought about what just happened, she was so close to death. Sobs racked throughout her body, she was terrified and hurt all over, "I got you Ivanna, I got you." Sam pulled her into his arms, her body laying against his chest as he had his chin resting onto the top of her head, "You're okay, everything's going to be fine." His own voice broke as he realized how close he was to losing her. Right in his hands she would've died if he hadn't been able to save her in time.

She wrapped her cold hand around his bicep as she clung to him, crying as the anxiety and fear was still running through her. She never thought before how death could be so easy to reach and how it was so close if you take the wrong chances in life.

"Ivanna, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were under there." Jacob fell to his knees in front of her and reached out a hand towards her, but she moved away from his touch, burying her face against Sam's chest as she didn't want to be touched by the boy who was just screaming at her the other day.