015: When Things are to Dangerous to Say... Sing

Elvis and Leslie were getting ready to settle down for the night in their dressing room, both wearing their matching purple robs that had their initials on them. Colonel was there too, for the moment.

Elvis had the TV going, "...Senator Kennedy's press secretary was made roughly an hour and a half ago. Some five to ten minutes later, the operation began. The six-man team of neurosurgeons probing the bullet that had been lodged In Senator Kennedy's brain. No report yet as to how that operation..."

"Poor Mrs.Kennedy," Colonel's voice broke through the room, "This tragedy... A tragedy. But it has nothing to do with us."

"The White House has reacted to the shooting..."

"It has everything to do with us," Elvis told him as they walked out of the back area of the room where they got ready to the front.

"No, I just do not think we should be making speeches about politics and religion," Colonel explained.

Elvis handed Leslie a Coca-Cola before lifting the top of the train of food and grabbing a few fries, "Dr.King was shot eight miles from Graceland while we were out here singing to turtles."

He grabbed his own Coca-Cola as they walked over to the mirrors. Leslie's temper was starting to flare and anyone who knew her would say that her temper was worse than Elvis's, "And now this, and all you can think about is how many goddamn sweaters we can sell?"

"I am a promoter. That is what I do."

"And we're Elvis and Leslie Presley," Leslie snapped, slamming her Coca-Cola down, some of it splattering onto the mirror, "That's what we do."

"Well, Mr.Bindle has really gotten inside your heads," Colonel looked at them, "With all of his hippie friends."

Elvis and Leslie looked at him through the mirror, "You actually think that you singing your old songs, dressed in black leather," he used his cane to point at the designs, "Sweating, mumbling incoherently to the audience," he turned back to the Presley's, "Was a good show?"

Elvis spoke before Leslie's temper could get her into trouble, "Colonel, we know when we've excited an audience."

"That was not a real audience, my boy, my girl. There was a sign flashing 'applaud', telling them when to clap for you. This entire jamboree is an embarrassment," Colonel stood up standing behind the two, "You have embarrassed the sponsors, you have embarrassed yourselves, you have embarrassed me," he thumbed his cane on the ground for emphasis.

Leslie grabbed onto Elvis's hand tightly so she wouldn't get herself into trouble, he grounded her. Colonel walked towards the door, stopping at the display of the Christmas special, "Now, you can sing whatever songs you two and Mr.Bindle choose for 55 minutes, but at the end of the show, there will be a Christmas song."

"Or else we will be sued," he continued to scolded and berated them. He turned towards them again walking up to them as they stood to their full heights facing him, "No, you will be sued for breach of contract, because I will no longer be the promoter of your career. I will have to leave you."

"Hmmm," Elvis hummed, his eyes held a burning desire to speak but he kept it in.

"Mmm-hmm," Leslie looked at him for a moment before turning and walking away towards the TV. Elvis following after her, after a moment. Leslie turned the TV on as Colonel tapped his cane before turning and walking towards the door, "Now, I have convinced our friends at Singer Sewing Machines to come back tomorrow for 'Here Comes Santa Claus', I will see you in the morning, Mr. Presley, Mrs. Presley."