PROLOGUE

For those of you who are wondering, who this fella here is, I am the legendary Colonel Tom Parker.

"Colonel Tom Parker, legendary manger of Elvis and Leslie Presley, has been rushed to Valley Hospital," a news caster reported.

I am the man who gave the world Elvis Presley and Leslie Wright. Without me, there would be no Elvis Presley and Leslie Wright. And yet, there are some who'd make me out to be the villain of this here story.

"Colonel Tom Parker was a liar, a cheat, a con man," newscaster one reported.

"A shocking new book accuses Colonel Tom Parker of massive fraud and mismanagement," another news newscaster reported, "Parker received as much as 50% of Elvis and Leslie's income."

"He worked Elvis and Leslie like mules, to support his own gambling addiction," another reported.

"The court finds that the compensation received by Colonel Parker was excessive, and shocked the conscience of the court," another newscaster reported.

"Many believe that Colonel Tom Parker was responsible for the deaths of Elvis and Leslie Presley."

Elvis and Leslie laid on the floor as others gathered around them. Elvis' upper half was laying on Jerry and Leslie's upper half was laying on Sonny.

"Now you listen to me," Colonel spoke, "The only thing that matters is that those two get up on that stage tonight."

"Tom Parker killed them!" Newscasters voices echoed.

Parker jolted up in the hospital bed he was laid in, "No! That's not true."

He stood in front of a widow as he turned the light in the room on as he looked at the International Hotel across the way, "No, no, I didn't kill them. I made Elvis and Leslie Presley."

Nothing all those muckrakers said in their books was true. Me and the Presley's, we was partners, even before they married. It was Elvis and Leslie the showmance and the Colonel the snowman.

"This is the lying Dutchman," a female reporter spoke.

I always knew I was destined for greatness. As an orphan, I ran away to the carnival, where I learned the art of the 'snow job', of emptying a rube's wallet while leaving them with nothing but a smile on their face.

But a carnival act that would get you the most money, the most snow, had great costumes and a unique trick, that gave the audience feelings they weren't sure they should enjoy. But they do.

And I knew if I could find such an act, I could create the greatest... show... on... earth.

~~~~~~~~

After the carnival, I moved into the music business... the country music business. I partnered with one of it's biggest stars, Hank Snow.

Jimmie came to a stop, parking beside Billy, who was sat in the truck.

And his hapless son, Jimmie Rodgers Snow.

Jimmie hopped out of his car, grabbing the album with the Sun Records cover on it, "Hot-diggity-dog, Billy. I got one."

"Oh, yeah," Billy had a smile on his face.