004: Ready To Fly

"Well, shake, rattle and roll," Elvis, Leslie, Bill and Scotty all sang. Elvis and Leslie wanted to have the boys sing with them as well. Though they figured it would be the only song that they would do like that, it was very chaotic.

Girls and guys grabbed at Elvis and Leslie respectively, "I said shake, rattle and roll."

Jimmie stood by his father as he shook along with the song, "I said shake, rattle and roll. I said shake, rattle and roll."

"Well, you won't do right," Leslie sang through her laughter as Elvis was moving around as girls threw their underwear around him.

"Whoo!"

"To save your doggone soul," Elvis sang.

After the show Jimmie followed them down the steps back stage, "You guys are really something else, man! I promise, I'll put my heart in—" Elvis and Leslie chuckled as they made their way away from him to their trailer, "I wanna be just like you."

They got swarmed by fans, "Okay. Yeah, thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I can no longer, in good conscience, go on stage with that boy and girl," Hank told Colonel.

Colonel turned his head to Hank, "Yes, a conundrum. A conundrum."

~~~~~~~~~~

Elvis and Leslie signed autographs on the way as they were surrounded on all sides by fans. They always made time for the fans because they were the ones that put the two Memphis kids were they were.

~~~~~~~~~~~

An assistant gave Hank his guitar as the announcer announced him, "Please welcome to the stage, Hank Snow!"

"After I perform, I shall spend the night in prayer."

"And I will do what needs to be done," Colonel nodded at Hank who nodded back before going out onto the stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elvis and Leslie finally made it into their trailer. Leslie sat down with a long sigh, rubbing her temples. Elvis looked over at her for a moment before walking over to her, "You all right, honey?"

Leslie looked up at him, with a small reassuring smile, "Yeah, baby. Now go do whatever it is that you need to do so we can go enjoy the fair!"

"All right, all right. I'm going," Elvis laughed as he went to go fix his attire.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Colonel made to walk away from Diskin and his trailer when he saw the two youngest acts on the tour. Elvis was stood his hand holding him up as he leaned against the wall and Leslie stood next to him, her hand gripping his free one as she slightly leaned into him.

That night, I happened to see them. Alone. Lost. A snowman is only as good... as his attraction.

Colonel made his way over to them, but before he could do anything their friends called out to them, "Elvis! Lee!"