001: Destiny

"Welcome y'all to the Louisiana Hayride," the Hayride emcee welcomed everyone in the audience and on the radio, "broadcasting live to 26 of these United States."

"Where's the Colonel?" Hank asked Diskin as Jimmie was preforming.

Colonel stood next to the Hayride emcee, "You have the fellas that's singing the 'All Right, Mama', that new record on the Sun label, eh?"

"The pop jocks keep playing them."

"Yeah."

"Country DJs, too. Even the colored kids, they're buying their record."

"The colored ki—" he cut himself off before asking, "Well, where would I find such an act?"

The announcer pointed towards the dressing rooms, "The dressing room."

The guitarist rushed out of the door, "Oh. Howdy."

"Hey, Elvis Presley? Leslie Wright? Blue moon boys?"

"Yeah," the guitarist nodded.

"You're up next."

"Oh, sh—" the guitarist ran into the room and down the stairs. Colonel followed slowly behind him. Scotty held the guitar tightly as he rushed down the stairs, "Excuse me." He ran of to the car, "Bill, go time."

"I know. I know."

One of Leslie's friends rushed over to Scotty and Bill, "Hi."

"How's their stomachs?" Scotty asked.

"I thought I'd grab them a Pepsi, but poor things are still shaking like a leaves."

"I'll get them on the stage. Come on. Let's go," after Bill grabbed his base they all made their way over to were the Presley's and Leslie were.

Leslie's friend handed them both a Pepsi, "Here. It'll settle your stomachs."

"What if we forget the words on live radio?" Elvis asked, Leslie was shaking her legs. The nerves were scary and exhilarating. She stood next to him as she took a drink of her Pepsi.

"All we gotta do out there's just a bit of clownin' around," Bill told them.

"That's how we got this thing started in the first place," Scotty added.

"Scotty and Bill are right, you two," Gladys Presley, Elvis' mother and Leslie's adoptive mother, encouraged, "You're not out there on your own. You guys are a band."

"That's right," Scotty said in agreement.

"The Lord gave us music to bring people together. We're like a family, and family is the most important thing of all," Gladys continued.

"Amen."

"Come on now, booby, Lee. Jesse's shining bright tonight," they all looked up to the sky, "Shining down his strength upon you two."

The group started humming a soft melody. Before they started to sing together, "Oh, I'll fly away."

Jesse, Elvis' twin brother, who died at birth. Tragic.