005: Graceland

Elvis and Leslie stood at a microphone in a booth at RCA studios. One of the producers came over the intercom, "Uh, Mr.Presley, Ms.Wright, try not to move around so much during the takes."

The musicians shared a look as they spoke in unison, "If we can't move, we can't sing."

"Well, since my baby left me," Elvis sang as he and Leslie moved at the beat before Leslie's part of the song.

"Well, I found a new place to dwell," Leslie sang and at the beat she and Elvis moved again.

"What are they doing? We paid for this?"

"It's down at the end of Lonely Street at," Elvis sang before they sang together, "Heartbreak Hotel."

"It's a suicide song," the second producer stated in distaste.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Them know-it-alls said I'd backed the wrong horse.

Elvis was driving the pink Cadillac he had bought with his father, grandmother and mother. Leslie followed behind them in her baby blue Cadillac with a black top. Elvis was driving them to see the home that he and Leslie had bought for them, but mostly for Gladys.

But my kids knew teenagers. And that first record changed everything.

The made the turn up to the house, driving up the long drive way and stopping by the front steps of the house. Leslie and Elvis excitedly got out and walked up the steps first. Elvis opened the screen door and Leslie held out the keys for Gladys to take.

~~~~~~~~

When they weren't touring around the United States, they were helping at home setting up Graceland.

"In a few short months, Elvis Presley and Leslie Wright have popped out of nowhere."

Gladys walked into the house with an awestruck look on her face.

"Everywhere they go, they cause riots, mountains of press and rivers of money."

Vernon and Dodger when in next as they looked around. Elvis and Leslie looked at each other with bright, childish smiles.

"It's another gold record for Elvis Presley and Leslie Wright. This one giving them their first worldwide hit."

With their first record being a hit, they toured more than they had before. Their free time was spent at Graceland with their family and friends, helping set up and just messing around.

~~~~~~~~~~

The boys were playing football, but somehow the ball made it to Leslie. Elvis hopped over the fence the boys following, "Lee!"

When he got the ball, he was tackled right away making Leslie laugh, her head thrown back.

Billy drove by on one of their little go-cart things, "Go, Billy boy!"

"Go, Billy!"

"Ya-hoo-hoo!"

~~~~~~~~~~

They toured so more and the fans seemed to multiply by thousands every time they preformed.

~~~~~~~~~~

I took my boy and my girl's wiggling and put it into movies. I took they're names and faces, and put it on all sorts of toys and knick-knacks and called it...

Moving people brought in boxes upon boxes as Elvis and Leslie sat on the couch.

"Merchandise," Colonel said as he held up two pillows. The one on the right was red and had 'Jailhouse Rock' on it. The one on the left was baby blue and had 'Daisy' on it, "You're faces on every conceivable object."

Colonel handed the pillows to Gladys and grabbed more things showing the two musicians, "Including teddy bears, perfume, plaster busts..."

"Of questionable likeness," Diskin stated as he handed the plaster busts to Vernon.

"The Elvis and Leslie Game," Colonel held up the game box. He put it down and held up a pin, "Something so everyone can show their love."

He walked over to Elvis's Grandma, "Grandma Dodger, what is that behind your ear?"

Gladys spoke next, "'I hate Elvis and Leslie'."

Everyone turned to her as she held up the pins, "Huh? Yes. I hate Elvis and Leslie."

Colonel walked over to her as he explained his way of thinking, "In my way of thinking, 'I love Elvis and Leslie', that's an easy sell. Those who hate your son and his friend will do so," he grabbed the pins, "Whether we profit from it or not."

He then turned to Leslie and Elvis, "After all, what is hate worth if it's free?"

Colonel held out the two pins as Elvis and Leslie sat forward and took the pins. Vernon spoke his agreement, "Oh, yeah. I get it."

The duo looked at the pins before up at the Colonel, "Snowman strikes again."

They all shared a laugh before Colonel and Diskin went over the other types of merchandise they have as the two musicians stood up wearing the pins, "Merchandise, promotion. Diskin, what else do we have?"

"Necklaces."

"Necklaces."

"Scarves."

"Oh, scarves. Yes..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this chapter is short, sorry about that but the scene isn't very long. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Let me know what you think.

We also lost an amazing woman and I would just like to say that she will be missed dearly and I as well as many others are very sad she is gone.

I give all my love and well wishes to Priscilla and Lisa Marie's children. We all lost her in some way, whether it was an idol or something along those lines but they lost a daughter and a mother.

🕊❤️ Rest In Peace Lisa Marie! You are loved and will be missed dearly ❤️🕊