Chapter 24

(20 years old - July, Rose & Ben's wedding 4M)

"Good morning, good morning." I said cheerfully, greeting Rose out front of her beautiful wedding venue. "So, how are we feeling? Nervous, excited?"

"You tell me, you're the mind fairy," Rose joked as we climbed the steps of the preparation building.

I left Rose to do what she needed with the rest of the girls who had already arrived as I went to check how all the set up was going. The ceremony was outdoors but what else did you expect from two earth fairies. The set up in the flower garden was going smoothly at the moment so I went over to the reception area to check how things were going there. It was a beautiful building with lots of natural light coming from all the windows. It resembled a greenhouse without all the plants, in a sense that all around you were big glass windows, it was a big open space that felt warm and inviting. I pulled open the doors, stepping inside. The staff were working away and it looked beautiful so far. I spotted Saul in the middle of the room trying to keep two year old Sam entertained, and making sure the little six month old Terra doesn't wake from her slumber just yet. I stood there watching the cute, heart warming sight, hand subconsciously on my midsection. I still hadn't told anyone like Rosalind had said and had now started using light magic to cover up. It was exhausting but Rosalind was right, we don't need more distractions. My thoughts were interrupted by one of the delivery men.

"Bouquets?" He asked

"Main house." I replied.

He left and soon after I did as well.

I made it back to the prep room and it was already a crazy mess. Apparently I had been the only productive one during the last half hour. It was almost noon and things needed to start getting done around here.

"Party's over" I said, urging them to get a move on and thankful there was no resistance. Bronte and I took Rose to help her get ready. Bronte did her makeup while I did her hair into a simple, yet beautiful updo. We had quite a few hours, but also a lot to do in that time.

A while had passed, Bronte had finished shortly ago and I was almost finished. My phone, which I'd set on the counter in front of Rose buzzed alerting me of a message. Rose leaned forward trying to reach for my phone when I swatted her shoulder.

"Stay still."

She ignored me, still grabbing my phone but sat back in the chair after she'd managed to grab a hold of it.

"Lover boy texted." Rose said opening my phone to read the message as I rolled my eyes,

As I added the last pin into her hair I saw her texting away on my phone.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, a small smile on my lips as I retrieved the phone from her grasp, reading over what she'd sent.

"Nothing I couldn't answer." she replied, standing and examining her hair in the mirror.

It was true, some silly wedding question that I probably would've ended up asking her anyways.

Rose went to get into her dress and get some finishing touches done. And since at the moment I was the only one ready - not going to lie very stressful considering there was a half hour until it was supposed to start - I went to start greeting some guests as they arrived.

Everything was going perfectly. The ceremony had been beautiful. We'd retreated to the reception, the big glass windows not helping with lighting as dawn had now fallen. The welcome toast prepared by Ben was hilarious yet heartfelt, and even the food was better than expected. Saul had just delivered his speech and like always it was almost second nature to him. But now was the moment I had been dreading slightly... my speech.

"If you haven't had the chance to meet me yet, my name is Farah. Rose and I have been best friends for about 5 years, and although it may not seem like long I can honestly say she's like a sister to me." I paused, taking a deep breath still trying to free the nerves from my system. "When Rose first asked me to be her Maid of Honor I felt flattered. But as the big day approached, she told me there was no way I was getting off the hook with my speech. Now unlike Saul over here I wasn't born with public speaking skills." I paused, a small smile on my face as I glanced over at Saul waiting for the laughter to subside. " I hope you're all having a lovely evening and I'd like to wish you two all the love and happiness in the world. How blessed we are to be here to help you two celebrate your love on this wonderful day. I know there are many happy years ahead for you and I wish you two a lifetime of love and joy. Today you start a new chapter of your lives. These two are a rare find in today's world. So here's to Ben and Rose."

My speech had gone better than I had expected, afterwards the cake had been cut and people started to mingle again. Some talking in groups, others enjoying the open bar or dance floor. But when it was time for the bouquet toss most activities had stopped, as everyone wanted to be a part of the action. I stood to the side beside Ben, I wasn't one for wedding activities and was really only here because Rose was my best friend in all the realms and I'd never miss this for the world. I watched as her arms swung up and down a few times before she threw it... but she never released it. She brought it back down, making her way over to where Ben and I stood. I was very confused and unsure of her intentions.

"You know the whole idea is to throw the bouquet into the crowd right?" I joked, sarcastically.

She just smiled at me, with her huge grin, placing the bouquet into my hands, and turning me around by my shoulders. Boy was I not expecting this. There Saul was, now right in front of me, down on one knee, a ring box in his hands with a beautiful yet simple ring. It was a golden band with a small diamond embedded in it. God did this man know me inside out or what.

"Farah, Ashleigh, Dowling." I was never an emotional person and I don't know if the hormones had a bit to do with it but as soon as the first words left his mouth the tears started to prick at my eyes. "Words cannot begin to describe the admiration, respect and love I have towards you." I was already ready to say yes. But knowing Saul he'd planned out some big speech that he'd never forgive me if I ruined it, so I stayed silent, listening intently, wanting to imprint every word in my mind. "Since that night when we met I knew I'd never need anyone else in my life other than you. You are my best friend, my confidant, my partner in crime, my reason for smiling, my fairy, my whole world, my one and only, my biggest supporter, my more reasonable other half," He paused, allowing for the laughter related to his last comment to die down. "And although you may be insufferable at times, you are my everything and I love you to the shadow realm and back. So, Farah Dowling, the love of my life, will you marry me."

I nodded at first, the word not able to leave my throat. "Hell yes." I finally got out as I moved towards him, he stood to slide the ring onto my finger and we met for a kiss that felt like it could last a lifetime. There was some cheering in the background, especially from Rose, yet it felt so distant, like all that was here with me was Saul and that would be all I ever needed.

All the students were heartwarmed by the events. (The winx girls especially loved seeing a baby Terra) The thought and most of all the love put into their headmaster's speech was admirable. They were also intrigued and filled with many questions. Like are their favourite headpair couple actually married and are just amazing actors or did something happen to break this happy charade?

-------------------------------------------------------

AN- don't do math about the children's ages i don't even know anymore. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it didn't turn out as long as I'd hoped but I really enjoyed writing Saul's proposal speech, let me know what you think!