Chapter 22

(20 years old - March)

We'd been given a 'spring break' of sorts by interim king, Duch Andrew who had recently passed a law stating that all battalion soldiers were to be given leave every few months, for certain important events, or after a very serious and difficult assignment. I could see a lot of 'leaves' in our future. Ben went back home to spend time with Rose, Sam and their newborn Terra. Since Ben had a different type of role in the battalion he got to go home once in a while, and I found it sweet how he wanted every second he could get with them. As for the rest of us, we'd been staying in Spentsting for the past two days and plan to leave tomorrow to regroup with the battalion, so we had headed out to a pub as a little last hooray before we had to go back to reality. Luckily we didn't have to walk very far as the pub was attached to the small inn we had been staying at. Saul, Andreas, Bronte and I had come from the battalion, and Estella, Dawson and Jason had travelled out to join us.

We'd wandered inside, the music loud, people everywhere and the atmosphere buzzing with energy. It was a bit tricky to shut my mind off from all the people in the room but it was going pretty well so far. We took up a booth in the back corner.

The projected screen was glitching in and out every few seconds, just like at the start when they'd started this whole experience. Sort of like Ms Dowling was trying to fend off Rosalind again. Like what came after her dark and rebellious teenage years was much worse, which was hard to believe. As the memory went on it got more and more blurry, but still visible.

"Does that mean her fighting Rosalind is working?" Bloom whispered to the girls, hopeful.

"Nope. Just more and more drunk." Musa replied blandly, but continued on at the confused and shocked looks she'd received. "Unlike you lucky folk, when you get drunk and do stupid things you don't have to remember how embarrassing it was, just have to deal with the aftermath. Well us lucky mind fairies have to cope with the embarrassment and the aftermath."

The night went on in good spirits. Some people had split off to go play a game, get another drink, dance, etc. I was talking with Estella and Dawson, we were discussing Dawson's new engagement and her wedding plans.

"Refills?" I asked the group, and they all nodded.

I got up and headed over to the bar, parking myself beside the bored, lonely looking Andreas.

"Three more coconut waves please." I said to the bartender as he nodded, walking off to make the drinks. "Shouldn't you be spending time with your son instead of getting wasted in a pub?" I asked, leaning against the bar counter.

"You can't judge me Dowling. You don't know what it's like to have a little rascal." Andreas replied.

"And you do? Andreas you spend all your time away from him." I replied, feeling sympathetic for the young Sky.

"Saul's rubbing off on you." Andreas remarked, trying to draw the conversation away from the topic of his son that he pretty much hadn't seen since birth.

"Tell me about it."

The bartender came back with the drinks and I left Andreas, heading back to the girls.

It all went by in a blur, I wasn't completely sure how we'd ended up here but I didn't care. We were both completely drunk - that much I was sure of. The second the hotel room door had shut behind us it was fair game. It was a passionate, heat of the moment thing that I'd come to regret in the near future. Clothes were on the floor within minutes. And that was just the start of the wild night.

-------------------------------------------------------

(20 years old - Next morning)

I rolled over onto my left to peek at the alarm clock that sat on the nightstand. 8:45am. We were meeting the others at 9 in the lobby to get going. I took a glance over the room, my head pounding slightly. Nothing was ready for us to leave. I climbed out of bed, quietly picking up my clothes from last night off the floor and heading into the washroom. I decided that these would do for the drive back to the battalion's most recent location as I didn't want to go digging through my bag making even more of a mess. I brushed my teeth, and applied a little concealer to try and get rid of the bags under my eyes. I'd just pulled my arms through the sleeves of my blouse when my phone buzzed with a notification from the suite group chat that we hadn't deleted after we'd all left Alfea.

Dawson:

Estella: Couldn't be us who are earlier than Ms Farah Dowling

Rose: You're kidding? 😲 Farah you alive??

I checked the time. 8:55am. I quickly replied, now a little stressed about being late.

Farah: Be out in a bit.

I grabbed my toiletry bag and left the bathroom going to finish packing my bag and wake Saul. I tossed the bag in his direction, it landing on his midsection. He groaned, tossing it back at me and I stuffed it in with the rest of my belongings.

"5 minutes and we're leaving you behind." I told him, walking towards the bed as I did up the buttons of my blouse.

"It's too early." He mumbled, the sleepiness dripping from his voice.

He pulled me down onto the bed, rolling us so I was trapped under him and placed a delicate kiss on my lips, leaving me wanting more. I looked over at the clock trying to make my case.

"You just wasted two precious minutes."

"Were they really wasted?" He asked, a small smile appearing on his lips.

He kissed me one last time before giving in and going to get his things ready.

-------------------------------------------------------

AN- I didn't want to go too much in detail as I wanted this to still be readable for some younger audiences (14+). I might redo this chapter in the future.

Also here is the outfit inspo idea, cause I know some of you love when I add these in: