Chapter 10

(16 years old - Near the end of the school year)

I woke up late - again. I made my way into the common area still in my pj's and did not expect the scene that I walked into. The girls, along with Ben and Jason, all sat on the couches and looked as though they were waiting for me. I stopped in my tracks unsure of how to proceed.

"Farah," Dawson stood and motioned with her hand to an empty armchair. I walked over slowly and sat down hesitantly.

"You know we all care about you deeply and just want what's best for you" It seemed as though Dawson had meant for it to be a statement but I could hear a bit of uncertainty in her voice as she spoke so I nodded to reassure her.

Rose stood from her spot next to Ben on one of the couches and came and gave me a teary-eyed hug, I was really confused as to what was happening.

"You're not alright Farah." Bronte chimed in, I shifted my gaze to her, Rose now sitting on the arm of my chair with her hand on my shoulder. "I know ever since Saul le-" She must have noticed how I tensed at the mention of his name because she gave me an apologetic look and restarted her statement. "I know lately it's been hard for you and we've all tried to give you time but you just keep getting worse Farah and it pains me- it pains all of us, to see you this way. And this Andreas shit? Girl that is toxic as. And you know it." I swallowed, I wasn't aware that my life was so public.

"D-Depression," Ben started a bit tip toey trying to gauge how I might react, "is common and certainly normal Farah, especially in your situation-"

"My situation? What do any of you know about my situation?" I hadn't meant for my morning to start like this or for the conversation to steer this direction but I let the bitterness drip from my every word.

I gained a handful of sympathetic looks which just fueled the rage deep within me.

"I'm just gonna get to the point." Estella jumped in and gave me a pointed glace. The one thing I always appreciated about Estella was her straightforwardness. "This is an intervention. You need help. You are not ok. No matter what you say. First you lost Saul, then your parents" but before I could protest about how she knew that, she was already one step ahead of me; "and can we please not get into a fight about how I know that right now." She took a breath "and then this toxic shit with Andreas started, along with the anger and the suppressing, the keeping to yourself, and the barely eating. Farah this isn't you. This isn't the talented, funny, joyful, hopeful, powerful and strong mind fairy I had become good friends with."

I knew she was right - they were all right- and I finally realized looking back that I haven't been myself lately and there was even more drama and problems deep beneath the surface that they didn't even know about.

"And don't worry about Andreas," Dawson started "I already dealt with him" She smirked and I felt a small smile prick at my lips.

"When the semester ends you're coming home with me and you're gonna get better and healthier." Rose said calmly, squeezing my shoulder.

I nodded, the tears starting to prick at my eyes and the realization finally truly dawning on me. The girls all rose and came and engulfed me in a big, tight group hug. 'It's gonna be ok' I mumbled to myself, not caring if anyone heard.

The student's were touched and had heavy hearts for their headmistress, most would hopefully never know how she felt but the few that did, in this moment they were encouraged to seek help.

It was getting late and although Rosalind wanted to keep going, she herself was even feeling a bit drained in power. The projections slowly faded from view and Rosalind cleared her throat.

Rosalind: Straight to your suites and you are to report back here 7 am sharp for more 'lessons'

Rosalind left, the students following shortly after. Bloom took one last long look at her favourite teacher before following her friends.

Ben and Saul weren't as quick to leave. Saul, a sorrowful look on his face, walked up close to the barrier taking in every aspect of her. Ben stayed back wanting to support his friend and not intrude on his privacy. He knew how much they meant to each other. But he was also the go between during their fights, the person they'd both confide their secrets to when they knew the other would not react well. He wondered if a few more of her secrets would be revealed to Saul, the one's he certainly needed to know, the ONE he most definitely needed to know about and that he was sure she hadn't told him. After a few moments Saul turned and passed Ben on his way out. Ben took one more glance and offered a small smile to the women trapped in her own thoughts and turned to follow Saul.

-------------------------------------------------------

AN- Another message about Mental Health and Toxic Relationships. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Toxic relationships are not good for you and you need to get out. It doesn't matter what your partner says, seek help and support, you deserve better.