Chapter 3

AN- I just had the best idea!! I'm going to start putting songs in the header that I feel describe the chapter as a whole or perhaps a certain part of it, yeah I'm not the greatest at explaining things but I hope you enjoy it. Also pls comment if you would want me to do like a mini summary of why I picked the song for each chapter.

(16 years old)

It was late summer and I hadn't yet been enrolled in a new school since my expulsion. It was late morning and I was coming down for breakfast when I stopped before turning the corner to the kitchen. I heard the phone ringing on speaker and decided to eavesdrop. "Well isn't this a pleasant surprise" The voice on the other end of the line spoke as though she'd been expecting this call sooner or later.
"Rosalind," my mum replied, hatred obvious in her voice.

"Let me guess you want to enroll your daughter in my school. What was her name again?" Rosalind spoke with fake interest.

"Farah." My dad replied

"Well yes I suppose I can have an opening for her. Start of term is the same as usual. I'll have a portal opened on the student arrival day, in the forest across the lake from the big park." I was shocked at the mention of a portal. Was I going to this so-called Other World? I heard the sound of something tumbling from a nearby self. 'Shit' I thought. I really gotta get this magic stuff under control. I tried to make an escape for the stairs when I heard footsteps approaching my hiding place but I wasn't quick enough.

"Farah" I heard my dad's voice behind me and I froze on the middle landing. He walked up the stairs to where I was and engulfed me in a hug. "It's for the best" he stated and I nodded into his chest.

-------------------------------------------------------

(16 years old)

The morning air was warm against my skin as I walked with my parents towards the park I used to play in as a child. I looked a bit weird with my backpack and large suitcase, but barely anyone was up at this hour. We walked past the lake where the ducks still slept peacefully and into the dimly lit forest. A portal opened in front of us and it spooked me at first as I was not expecting it.

I looked back at my parents and gave them both a big hug before bringing them in for a group hug.
"I'll miss you both so much" I whispered

"We know" My mother whispered back, brushing away a tear from my check and tucking away some loose pieces of hair behind my ear. And with that I walked through the portal arriving in front of big black school gates, and a courtyard filled with students. I looked around in awe of the school.

-------------------------------------------------------

AN- Sorry for the short chapter! Promise I'll try and give you an extra this week