Happy New Year | Levi x Petra

Petra leaned her cheek against the cool window pane, her eyes sweeping over the snow-covered woodland around the castle. More flakes fell slow and thick over the grounds. The perfect picture of winter, she mused. She welcomed the cold against her right side, a small contrast to the heat swimming around the office right now, hugging her left. Wrapping her arms around herself further, her fingers played with the green jumper Levi had bought her for Christmas. She stroked the soft material, smiling.

She glanced towards the clock that sat in the centre of the mantlepiece, marking twenty minutes left of the old year. She tapped her foot out of restless energy.

Levi had taken their tea things to be washed, assuring her that he would be back to see in the New Year with her. Petra turned her back to the window and embraced the full warmth of the room as her smile deepened. It should be enough that they were both here at base. What did a few minutes matter if he got delayed past midnight? Not all that much in the grand scheme of things but it would still be disappointing. New Year was one of her favourite holidays. She loved watching everyone bring the New Year in.

Petra lowered her eyes to the ring that caught the firelight in its small (but in Petra's view) perfect emerald. She held up her fingers and a rush of love shot through her as she thought about how much she loved the choice. Diamonds were beautiful but emeralds were her favourite. She adored the earthy associations with the colour and it just seemed so much fuller of life than the colour white. White was purity and innocence and Petra wouldn't associate herself with either of those things. She ran the pad of her index finger over the gem affectionately. The ring was a perfect reminder of how well Levi knew her. How well they'd taken their time and how much they knew each other.

The click of the opening door had her lowering her hand and she pushed herself away from the window as Levi closed it behind him. Dressed in a smart grey shirt and trousers, Petra couldn't help a smile at how formal Levi's idea of "casual" could be sometimes. Although New Year was also a special occasion so maybe he had made a little more effort for that. Ironically despite her love for the holiday, Petra had opted for a more casual look of a peach blouse and grey. figure-hugging pants.

She was drawn out of her observations by the lock of the office door and she took that cue to approach her lover, sliding her arms around his shoulders upon reaching him. His arms moved around her waist, his hands finding her back and pressing her against his firm chest. Petra touched her lips to his before he could speak and her lover's eyes closed as he returned the kiss, a cautious movement of lips that quickly turned encouraging and steady as he held her tightly.

"Wasn't gone that long," he whispered, breath tickling her face.

Petra shrugged and grazed her lips against his cheek, her hands moving to untie his cravat. "Don't care," she mumbled, her fingers tugging on the cloth insistently.

"Needy, hm?" Levi asked, his hand guiding her head back to his so he could reclaim her mouth. "Such a clingy subordinate," he added just as their lips met again.

Petra hummed in agreement. One of her hands slid into his hair to play with it while her other rubbed over his chest. As their kiss deepened, she moaned quietly into his lap. His hands squeezed her back and her arms hugged his shoulders. They lost themselves in the pillowy warmth of lips and bodies pressed together. Petra felt cradled and secure as his arms held her even closer to him. Their breaths washing over each other's faces between their long, sensual kisses. Warmth and arousal swam around her body before sinking between her legs and building an urge within her that coaxed her into more enthusiastic kisses.

Breaking away to breath, Petra began planting briefer kisses and Levi returned them, sometimes letting his own wander down her jaw to her neck, making her shiver. She would return the favour, letting her tongue slide down his skin, flicking at the spot on his neck that always triggered his pleasure particularly well. She enjoyed the soft groans that came from him as she sucked on the spot. His fingers on her head tangled into her hair and pulled it enough to invite some of her own arousal to surge up.