Mine Forever | Fem!Levi x Petra

"I'll admit," Levi remarked thoughtfully, her watchful eyes following the snowfall beyond the window, "coming here wasn't a bad call."

Beyond the windows, the pines were blanketed by thick snow and the sky shone pink in the late afternoon sunset. The sounds of the wind were dying down at last and the thick logs of the cabin walls kept most of the chill out. Any that made it inside was swallowed up by the flames that danced in the fireplace. A small mirror occupied the centre of the mantlepiece, reflecting the image of the couple on the sofa, arms wrapped around each other's shoulders, hands rubbing at each other's chests.

Petra smiled, leaning her face into her lover's temple, nosing Levi's silky, dark hair. "Told you we'd be warm enough," she murmured, kissing her cheek. "And your paperwork will keep until Wednesday."

"I'm not thinking about that," Levi answered, lifting her hand from Petra's heart to move some stray ginger hairs away from her face.

"You're always thinking about that," Petra teased, her hand taking hold of her girlfriend's wrist and bringing it to her lips.

A smirk played on Levi's lips as she nudged Petra's chin with her fingers. "Not right now," she whispered, her hand cupping Petra's cheek as she leaned in to kiss her lips. It was a short kiss, leaving a warm, sweet tingle once it was over, their noses still bumping gently.

Between the warmth of the fire and Levi's touch, Petra's face had flushed beautifully. So Levi kissed her again, deeper and longer. She felt her lover melt into this kiss, leaning into Levi's chest and tilting her head up, allowing Levi to cup her cheek more fully, her thumb brushing her jaw.

It had taken a great deal of persuasion to get the captain to agree to actually use some of her leave especially during the winter. It was just enough time away for a break; a couple of days in the heart of Wall Rose's countryside. Away from "shitty crowds", Levi had commented with quiet approval when she and Petra had arrived and set their horses up in the stable next door. Now, a couple of hours had passed and the aches from long hours of riding had disappeared along with winter's chill.

Petra's hands explored her girlfriend's shoulders, rubbing out any remaining tension from them while they kissed. Levi relaxed into her arms, making her insides flush with pride that she could do this, make her captain feel good.

They broke away from the kiss to breathe and Levi nuzzled Petra's cheek, her breath blowing hot against it. "You're so beautiful," she told her, pressing her lips there. "So gorgeous," she added along with another kiss.

Trembling under her touch, Petra's hands moved to rub at Levi's waist as her lips found her lover's again, briefly. "You're the exquisite one," she argued between kisses.

Levi shook her head gently as she pulled back an inch or so. "You're not gonna win this debate," she assured Petra, kissing her over and over, leaning forward, chest pressing Petra down until she lay beneath her, limbs entwined. Pale fingers skimmed down Petra's side and thigh, making the younger woman sigh into the kisses. The glow from the fire transformed the smaller woman's hair into gold. Levi stared at her in captivated adoration for many seconds, causing Petra's smile to turn bashful.

"Captain."

Levi blinked and moved in for another kiss, this time deepening it.

Petra's arms wrapped around her, as love flooded through her all over again, hitting her chest like a pillow; soft but it still took her breath away. The fading light of sunset framed Levi like heavenly rays and Petra's breath caught in her throat. Words, usually her friend, failed to come and so she reached up to cup her lover's face.

She was so lucky, Petra knew well enough, to have these days with Levi, to hold her like this. To be wrapped up in their own world for a while. A haven away from the cruelty of the world. There were so many reasons to be afraid, to be cautious of pursuing happiness when you were a Scout and your life was in significantly more peril. But that only made it all the more important to do what you wanted, while you could.