Midsummer's Day | Levi x Petra x Reader

You always insisted on celebrating Midsummer's Day.

Petra found that to be really sweet and shared your affection for the longer hours of sunlight and the gentle heat of the season compared to later summer months. Levi, on the other hand, would complain that there was a little reason to celebrate the longest day in the year. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't all that significant compared to other times of the year.

He also said the same thing at Halloween, April Fool's Day (during which his temper was especially low) and May Day. He would point out that people were attaching significance to things with the slightest excuse.

Even so, you and Petra would always privately notice how little he actually resisted your plans to spend the day by the nearby lake with a small picnic. How, when lying in the sun, under cloudless skies, with his feet in the lake alongside yours and Petra's, the stress and hard-lines would melt away. His arms would curl around you and Petra, the normally guarded affection summoning you both close. His fingers would caress yours and Petra's hair while his lips sought one of you out, leaving the other to trail kisses down his cheek and neck.

Petra would coax you both into Scout gossip. You would keep asking for reminders of who she was talking about and Levi would fill in the blanks with some snide commentary for which Petra would chide him but sometimes concede to. You would lose yourself in talk that took you all far from the topics of titans, expeditions and formations. You'd talk of sunsets, the shenanigans of comrades, Oluo's continuous imitation of Levi, how pink Eld's ears became last time they ran into him and caught him chatting up a barmaid and how brilliant Squad Leader Hange was at work but hopeless when it came to recognizing Moblit's feelings for them.

You'd drink wine gifted to Levi by the Commander because as Erwin had put it, "a luxury like that is the least that humanity should offer as thanks". You would make jam tarts using strawberry jam you collected from your sister. Petra would prepare blueberries and this sweet feast would tingle your tastebuds all afternoon.

———————————————

On the bare window seat, you sit, knees to your chest, and stare morosely out at the torrential downpour washing over the outside world. Your eyes lift bitterly to the blackened skies that have shrouded the world. It's the first Midsummer's Day in years that hasn't been clear skies and sunshine. Your vision of lakeside lazy snuggles has been snuffed out and you don't care how sulky you look right now.

"Oi, come over here," Levi calls from the bed where he and Petra are currently snuggled up. She's using his chest as a pillow and one of his hands is playing with her hair. His other hand pats the bed insistently. He doesn't do well being idle and being so close to his office and piles of paperwork makes his battle to ignore both even more difficult. "Don't mope over there. You can't change the shitty weather."

"It might brighten up later," Petra murmurs although she doesn't sound optimistic and her words are met with a puff of sarcastic laughter from the captain.

"Even if it does, the ground's gonna be sludge. You wanna slide your way down to the lake? Because I'm not getting that filthy."

Petra giggles against his chest. His grumpy expression loosens marginally and he leans down to kiss her head. She reaches out a hand towards you. "Y/N, come on. Don't waste the day sitting there."

You give one more sniff and mournful look towards the skies before you climb off the window seat and pad across to the bed.

You're halfway on the mattress when you're pulled into two sets of arms. Petra's lips meet yours in tender and steadily more passionate embrace while Levi pulls you both closer to him, hot kisses brushing against both of your faces. It's easier to lose your concentration on the weather when they're both cradling you.

Petra's lips ghost down your jaw. She lifts your wrist up, letting her lips kiss their way slowly down to your palm. Levi's hand holds the back of your head as he pulls you into his kiss. His kiss deepens within seconds, lips moving powerfully against yours, a balance against Petra's featherlight kisses. You sigh into Levi's kiss as your fingers curl to brush against Petra's hair.

Levi's arm tugs you so that you and Petra are both tucked against his sides once more. It's one of his favourite positions and you and Petra are still close enough to hold each other. As she lifts her lips towards Levi, he breaks away from yours to breath for a second before meeting hers. Your lips find his neck, suckling on it, enjoying the groan that rumbles through his chest and into his kiss with Petra.

You let one hand slide up into Levi's hair and the other rub across Petra's back in smooth circle, releasing her own murmur into the kisses. They pull away and exchange a smile before looking toward you. They take turns, leaning in to kiss you, cradling your head as their lips brush over your lips, cheeks and temples.

———————————————

It's happily easy to wile away the afternoon like that. You change positions half a dozen times and your faces are pink from the attention of kisses and loving caresses. By the time evening has settled in (and thankfully taken away some of the black clouds) you are cradling Petra while Levi's arms are wrapped around you both.

Unlike your sweethearts, you're not quite under slumber's influence yet. As you lie there, you smile, thinking that maybe rainy Midsummer Days are not so bad after all.