In The Fandom | Levi x Petra

"What are you giggling at?" Levi finally asked after listening to Petra giggling at her phone for the sixth time. He climbed beneath the duvet, propping himself on his side.

As he stared at his girlfriend, he was struck to see how pink her cheeks were as her eyes fixed themselves on the screen below her. She didn't answer him, the only movements being her rapidly hitching breaths, her widening eyes and the flick of her finger over her screen. She lay comfortably propped up against the pillows, her light reddish hair a cozy contrast to the stark white sheets peeking out over the pale gold-patterned duvet. .

"Oi," he said after no response came. "Petra." Another pause and this time he huffed. "Oi, Petra!"

"Huh?" her attention snapped to him in an instant and the blush in her cheeks deepened. "I... sorry, Levi. I was just..." she bit her lip, her grin stretching wide now. "I was just..." she tried again. The blush had spread to her ears and neck now and Levi forced himself not to smile at how endearing she looked right now.

"Trying to finish a sentence?" he offered.

"No!" Petra retorted, exasperated, only to huff herself. "Okay technically yes but that's not— It's just an interesting story, that's all."

"Read it to me then," Levi suggested, elbow on his pillow, hand cupping his cheek. His other hand slid over to rest on Petra's elbow. "If it's so amusing, read that part out."

Petra averted her gaze. "It, well it really needs context, Levi," she admitted in a quiet voice. She began to turn her phone away, heightening Levi's suspicions and curiosity.

"Then send me the whole thing? It's clearly got you riveted," Levi remarked. He touched his hand to her wrist, gently tugging the sleeve of her pyjamas so her hand moved towards him. He was surprised and amused when Petra pulled her hand away, another giggle escaping her. Her face was doing an excellent impression of a tomato right now.

"No it-" Petra cut herself off, "I'm not sure it's really your thing."

"I won't know unless I take a look, will I?" Levi asked, lifting his chin to try and get a better look at the screen. His hand on her sleeve slid down her wrist to her pulse point and began to stroke it in circles.

One. Two.

Petra's hand jerked at the third ticklish sensation and her phone flew up into the air. Levi's reflexes kicked in just as she realized and he grabbed the phone before she could, pulling it away from her and rolling onto his back. This freed up his other arm to wrap around her as she dived on him, holding her back as he extended his arm with the phone so that he could see the screen but have it out of Petra's reach.

"Noooo Levi!"

Levi's eyes scanned the screen and disbelief instantly wiped the colour from his cheeks as he stared at the content.

"Why are you reading a story about us?" he asked after taking a few moments to try and digest what he was reading.

Petra buried her face in his chest as another giggle escaped from her. "It's something Hange introduced me to. It's really good!" she protested against his bare chest. Her hand abandoned the effort to reclaim her phone and so her arm draped across his stomach instead. Whoever wrote this is really talented."

Levi's hand moved on instinct, from around her waist, to caress her hair. All the while, he continued to stare at the screen.

"Why would you read about us? Why is someone even writing about us?" Confusion was quickly giving way to concern and then irritation. Strangers were writing about their lives? Weirdos were telling stories about them and Petra found that funny? "That's fucking creepy," he spat, lowering his arm and the phone. "Who do they think they are writing this kinda shit-"