Ch 10 Sister

Elsie

It's been five days since Anna announced her farewell from the town.

She got a scholarship to her dream university and now she is moving to New York City for her studies.

Honestly, I wasn't shocked at all when she said she got the scholarship. I was just a little surprised because she had all planned about her future. While I had done nothing. She had already waited 2 years because Mom told her to wait until I finish my graduation.

Anyway, She was always more focused in studies than me. Always in the top of the class. On the other hand, I was not great as her but not the worst either. Ok, I did fail some exams but that's how it is. Me.

Looks like I am gonna stay here and yay finally in my whole damn life 'the my-our room' will be mine. Only mine.

But not only this, now I have to replace Anna in the restaurant business. Only thinking about it is giving me a heart attack.

I gulped, 'God Save Me. How will I do it?'

"Elsie!, Are you coming or not? I am doing all this alone". Anna shouted from the Fishys kitchen.

We were doing the monthly cleaning of the restaurant. After a full 3 damn days of fever and headache, I finally found the courage to step in here. I must say it was heartbreaking to come here, again. But it's my second home after all.

"Coming!", I grabbed a stain remover spray and cloth and went inside the kitchen.
I gulped, This is the same place I cried. 'Don't think about it, Elsie. Just don't. It's not worth it. Everything is gone now'

"Do you need an invitation or what?" Anna eyed me in frustration. I can't help but look at her. She was rubbing her hands off on the stove with her perfectly manicured nails.

Sometimes this girl impresses me even though she behaves like a bitch most of the time. I do hate her but I also respect her.

I smiled lightly rubbing my hands on the greasy oven.
She does blames me for every disaster in her life but one thing I like about her is that she never runs away from her problems. She is always ready to face the worst. No wonder why she is the backbone of my mom.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Anna caught me in 4k.

"It's just funny, that you are here scrubbing the dirty kitchen when all you can do is sit in your room and relax". Anna laughed at my response.

"See this is the difference between you and me. You always see the easy way around because you don't care about the future. But I take consequences of my actions, Baby".

"And besides we don't have enough money to hire a cleaning staff. So, shut your mouth and clean it, Little sister".

Well, that says a lot about her. Now, these are the times when I actually feels like she is my older sister. Big siblings things, I guess. But still it can't change the fact that she will be always better than me.

Not only brain but also beauty. Did I forget to mention how beautiful my sister is? I looked at her again.

She got the same blue eyes as mine which is a father's gene precisely because mom has grey eyes. But apart from everything she almost looks like the teenage version of my mom.

The beautiful dark brown silky locks of hair laid on her perfectly shaped collarbone.
The light pink cheeks and cherry red lips. Gorgeous and perfect.

Well, that explains why she has a long list of
ex-boyfriends.

Although sometimes she can be the worst. But she is my sister and always will be.

I hate to admit but I will kinda miss her.

•~~~~~•

It's almost 6 when I decided to walk home. My weak muscles cannot handle more scrubbing. Mom and Anna will be there after a short talk.

So, I plugged in my earphones and started walking on the lonely streets playing, 'Talking to the Moon' by Bruno Mars.

How much I love doing this.
Walking alone on the streets and listening to music.
Its just beauty to me.

I walked to the semi-paved road covered with dry autumn leaves. The sky was painted in the early colours of grey. There were several houses in the neighbourhood.

Among which I recognized one. The house with a green rooftop where I could never dare to set foots in, even though I have been there a thousand times.

'The Smith Venue'. My best friend Clara's house. I took a deep breath and stood there until I saw someone coming out.

My heart dropped in a second. Joey Sam Smith, stepped out of the house. Clara's twin brother and my friend. Used to be my friend.

I gulped, I felt like air
knocked out of my lungs. His blond hair reminded me of her. I haven't seen him in months. Not after that night.

My mind halted at the memory of that awful night.
My hands trembled in my jacket's pocket.

When he was about to turn around I took the biggest step and ran like hell to my house. I can't face him. I can't because I know the fact
he hates me.

Within 2 minutes I reached my house and unlocked the door. I was surprised to find Mom and Anna already home.

As soon as I stepped inside, I saw Anna glaring at me. Not the usual irritation but the real frustration and anger.
And mom was looking at me too but stressed.

I was confused, "What happened?"

Anna rolled her eyes at me and Mom came forward holding my hand. She looked at me in the eyes with love and said, "Baby, Will you do something for me?"

What? Why mom is talking like that? "Yes, What is it? Did I do someone wrong?"

Mom shook her head and hugged me, "I want you to go New York with Anna".

•~~~~~•

P.S- Looks like changes are in the air.

Mention your favourite habit that you like to do when you are alone.

Vote if you like :)