Ch 4 Never

Elsie

It's raining.

"It's raining in the middle of November." I glanced outside and screamed in joy. The nature is showering its magic on earth.

Most people I see, like my sister, didn't like rain much. But this girl is different.
I have born to love rain,
to be lost in the rain and to fall in love in rain. In fact,
I did.

I still remember that day, Holding an umbrella outside my mother's restaurant was a person I never thought I will fall for.

His watery eyes begging for forgiveness glanced at me from the window. I looked at him for as long as I remember. Watching him cry was the worst thing I could ever imagine but the thought that he deserved it, succumbed my mercy for him.

I walked out of his view holding my tears.
"Elsie wait!" Adrian shouted,
"Elsie, I am sorry!
Let me just explain!
Please open the door!". He cried pounding his fist on the door.

I tried my best to avoid him but the trembling in my heart from listening to his cries weakened my courage.
I threw a plate at him in hopes that he will go.

"Stop bothering me, Stop playing with my heart, Adrian!"

"I just want you to leave me alone, and prevent me from feeling something that I never can!"

I screamed forcing all my anger out. Hoping that he will go like everyone in my life left me when I pushed them to leave me.

But he didn't go.

"Turn around Elsie," He commanded. "I want you to turn around and look at me in my eyes!" He shouted at me with a rage that I have never seen in him.

It chilled my bones with an unknown fear and I allowed myself to be controlled by his words.

I turned around looking at him, In his eyes, I can see the pain that made my heart flutter. Telling me the truth that I never believed in.

"I am here to ask you for your forgiveness. If, you think that I am wrong punish me but don't you dare tell me to leave you. If you don't want to see me, Fine.
But don't stop me from seeing you because you are the most important person in my life, Elsie."

"And I will never leave you!"

For a brief moment, I just looked at him.
Then, without any further ado, pushing all the anger aside, I ran to unlock the door and wrapped my arms around him.

I hugged him hard, feeling our bodies soaked in rain.
"I am sorry, Elsie".

He did an awful thing but at that moment I realised he unlocked something in me that I was never aware of.
He made me want him.
To Love him.

Today looks the same except one thing would be very different.

•~~~~~•

"Here we arrived", Adrian parked his luxury red car near the small seafood house where I serve half days.

'Fishys Seafood House', Which is owned by my lovely and hardworking mother. The only source of earnings which runs our small family.

It was still raining heavily, the pitter-patter sound of rain made me feel better.
I was scared but I was ready.

Adrian jumped out of the car. He stood still outside soaking in rain and waved at me, "Come on, wanna have a rain dance"? He grinned and I simply just opened the door, grabbed his hand and dragged him to the stairs.