Ch 2 Pretty

Elsie

It was 7:30 a.m. When the alarm clock irradiated me for the 4th time and I finally decided to wake up.

I should be there early,
helping mom in the restaurant but here I am too lazy to leave my bed because I know I won't be able to sleep peacefully after today.

Usually, my shift starts at
9 a.m, So I still have some time to make myself an omelette.

I got out of my bed with a soundless yawn and felt the cold floor against my feet.
Yesterday, I slept late. Well, when did I actually sleep early? Nowadays it's been a habit to sleep late. I was just listening to some sad songs and trying to cry out my guilt before everything turns
worst.

I glanced toward Anna's bed, She was awake and her bed was perfectly made. As usual, The perfect daughter indeed.
She wakes up at 5 o'clock and does her yoga and then goes to the restaurant with mom. Sometimes I feel guilty that she has to work harder just because I don't take my responsibilities seriously.

I groaned, not this again. No overthinking today. I have a hell lot of anxieties to handle.

I took a pair of flared Jens and a white top and dashed inside the bathroom. I took a quick hot shower and applied shampoo to my hair.

Within 10 minutes I was ready and out of my room to fry some eggs in the pan. Using phone late at night makes me very hungry.

I opened the fridge and took out two fresh white-shelled eggs and broke it into an oiled pan. Then I took my phone and earphones on and started to play.

I'm A Mess by Bebe Rexha

"I'm a mess, I'm a loser,
I'm a hater, I'm a user.
I'm a mess for your love and
It ain't new."

I sang aloud, Loud enough for my neighbours to hear. Well, I can't do anything I am alone in my house and I felt it right to clear my heart.

The lyrics felt so real, that I sighed out. My life has become just like this song.

•~~~~~•

My working hours at the restaurant were over and now I am stuck staring at the misery in the mirror.

I looked at myself, I am 5.5 feet with short brown hair which lands on my shoulders, with a skinny figure and a few freckles on my light-tanned white face, I am thin and quite decent looking.

And my eyes, It is all in my eyes.

'Your beautiful cornflower blue eyes shows the depths of your desires, Elsie'. My heart ached by remembering to whom those words belong.

I shook my head, No more overthinking! Back to my dress. The white dress enveloped me. I did borrow my mom's dress and she gave me with a happy smile. At first, she was reallly shocked to hear that I wanted to wear her dress. She was like 'my-all-cool-denim-daughter wanted to wear a dress'.

Honestly, this dress looks good on me for the prom. When I was in my early teens, I used to think I was a tomboy. But growing up as an adolescent, altered my theory that I am just a simple girl who does a little make-up and is obsessed with denim and hates to wear short dresses.

"Elsie! You are late, again!
If you take one more minute, I am gonna leave you!" Anna yelled from the hallway.

"Just coming!" I replied yelling too and opened my bedside drawer to take the last gift for my special person.

I locked the door and went inside the car. Anna was in the driving seat glaring at me but as soon as I sat, her eyes popped out from her head, "Someone is looking goood! Looks like you have a date planned after the prom".

Then she smirked, those sinister-looking smirks of her telling me that 'Elsie Grey is not what everyone thinks who she is.'

I rolled my eyes, "We are getting late."

"Yeah, and I don't care if you are having any date. Just don't get involved too much and forget to come home, That is all I have to say".

"I will", I whispered and looked outside of the window. It was dark, dark as my life should be. She thinks I am going to enjoy but she is not aware of the reality. However, she was right that she really don't care. My sister has a lot of other works to do rather than caring about my love life.

We arrived at our school within 10 minutes. The large wooden board hanging at the gate with 'Sandalwood High'
written in big red colour.

Beside it, there was a poster. 'Farewell and Congrats to all the aspiring minds. You are warmly welcome here at our last celebration for you all'.

Anna went inside without sparing me a glance. I followed her, with all my anxieties creeping in me and telling me to run as far as I can.

I have to do it. I took a deep breath, I will do it.

Despite the cursing purpose of being here. I wanted to come and spend the last moments with him.

I entered the locker hallways. The first sight was to see every fellow graduate
chatting with their friends and teachers. These corridors always reminds me of how less friends I have.

Well, I only had one and she..
My thoughts stammer, Clara. Clara Smith.
My best friend.

Her name is enough to let a terrible ache settle through me. The images of her golden blond hair and blue eyes ravages my mind and suddenly I was back in that unforgettable night.

Those 3 hours of that summer night and what came after.

I shake my head furiously, not today Elsie. Just not today.

I was about to head toward the gym when a familiar body pulled me to him. His hands grabbed around my stomach hugging me close. I smiled as his warmth encircled me. And it was at that moment I forgot everything, every inch of anxiety vanished as he held me in his arms.

"Are you planning to kill me?" His deep melodic voice whispered in my ears which sent electric sparks flying through me.

I turned around to look at him, frowning a little at what he said. "What?"

"If you are going to look so beautiful, Isn't it a plan to kill me Gorgeous?" He smiled and I can't help but blush. His smile made butterflies flutter in me. I found myself weak in his arms. I love him, I really do love him.

"I didn't plan on killing you, Adrian Ford. Not that if you want me to". I chuckled as he embraced me into another warm hug.