Brianna M. Belle

MENTOR BIO

About me: Originally from the Bay Area, Brianna Marie Belle is a twenty-five year old known traveler whose lived in Oahu, Hawaii, Norman, Oklahoma, and is now back in San Francisco, California. I'm an Indigenous and Black writer who loves to read, write, and watch movies of all genres. Despite my love for writing, I got a degree in Psychology at the University of Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner for all my Oklahomans out there!) and am still trying to figure out where my future will be.

Writing Background: I started with Fanfiction (no judging!) and Historical Fiction on Wattpad, but have now dabbled in New Adult Fiction, Romance, and Fantasy. I became a Wattpad Star in July 2020, a Wattpad Creator in April 2022, a Brand Campaign Writer for the CW Network, and a YONDER author. I spoke on a panel for the Watty's in November 2022, and was shortlisted for both times I've submitted to the Watty's. I also was a Teen Fiction Prompt winner for Aim to Engage in 2022 and recently became one of the few ONC Ambassador Picks.

Mentor Style: Though this is my first time joining the Bootcamp Mentorship Program, I've edited stories before. Having an editor of my own, I know how to begin a story, how to get through the saggy middle, and how to get you through that ending with all the edits in between. Through critiquing my own drafts, as well as drafts from others, I'm particularly fond of helping with dialogue, grammar mistakes (I will help with the first few chapters to give you a glimpse of what the Watty's, editors, agents, publishers, and readers are looking for), and pacing. 

Read Brianna M. Belle's mentor wish list here XxBriannaMariexX

👆      👆      👆