Sample Summary

GENRE: Romance / Crime

WORD COUNT: 493

FELICITY TAYLOR used to be a shy nerd with a full ride to MIT and a bright future. Then some jerkoff attacked her, and things kind of fell apart from there. She took up boxing, got inked, and bought a Harley she calls Precious. And now she goes by Felix. Felix witnesses the murder of a woman who'd been screwing Felix's boyfriend just prior to her death. But what did she expect? Her boyfriend's a criminal.

To escape the bad guys, Felix seeks refuge at the home of her childhood neighbor turned cop, RYAN CLARK. Ryan is that jock who spent his school career beating up the less coordinated. But Felix knows he redirected his energy to rounding up criminals for the FBI. Ryan barely recognizes Felix when she lands on his doorstep, especially the tattoos and the hot body they're inked on. He's kept a revolving door on his bedroom to avoid commitment, but he finds himself holding back with Felix.

Felix tells Ryan about her dire situation, and he promises to protect her, but he needs her to come clean about her involvement. Felix curses her stupid choices, but she's not stupid enough to make them again. She tells him about the hacking ring run by her boyfriend and a man named Donovan. Ryan realizes she's been cozy with the very criminals he's been trying to snag, and he convinces Felix to help the feds take down the hacking ring. To do this, she needs to reunite with her boyfriend and pretend everything's peachy.

While Ryan keeps tabs on Felix through a transmitter, he learns she might be responsible for the murdered woman's death, but he refuses to believe it. Not only are the two fighting a strong attraction to each other, Ryan knows Felix has been undergoing hypnotherapy to deal with her traumatic past. This involves injections of a drug used to plant false memories. If Ryan's theory is correct, Felix is the scapegoat for a crime she didn't commit.

Thanks to Felix's intel, the criminals are arrested, including her boyfriend. Unfortunately, Donovan escapes. They return to Ryan's place to plan their next move when one of Donovan's henchmen shows up and shoots Ryan in the leg. Felix is snatched, blindfolded, and driven to a town hundreds of miles away. Thankfully, she still has the transmitter, and she uses it to keep the feds in the loop. This time, she's not going down without a fight.

Donovan threatens Felix's family if she doesn't continue her boyfriend's work, and while Ryan hobbles across several states to reach Felix before she's snuffed, Felix takes one final risk. She locates Donovan's residence with a bit of 'harmless' hacking, leading the troops right to him. After Donovan's arrest, Felix is found not guilty of murder and makes plans to return to MIT. Ryan has learned that his revolving door policy sucks, and he'd rather ride into the sunset on the back of Felix's Harley.

📌 PRO TIP: Use ALL CAPS when introducing a new character.