ʕ•̫͡•ʔEmpty.ʕ•̫͡•ʔ

(A/N: sorry for updating, I'm on holiday! So it's angst (my fav) which someone DMed me and asked me to write.it's first person, and you can imagine who the person douma is speaking to is. Warning: this will make you cry tears of barbecue sauce)

 Do you know the feeling of emptiness?

The feeling where you start to think you're invisible because you can't remember the last time someone looked at you.

The feeling of nothingness. There's no despair or sadness in emptiness. You turn into a shell of what you were. You don't feel like a person anymore.

I know that feeling.

I thought nothing would ever go wrong. We were blinded by love, or at least, I was. I never had to fake a smile when I was with you. You made my eyes light up like they never had before.

I never thought of anything negative, because you filled up my entire thoughts.

With you, I felt like something. With you, I felt like everything.

So why are you leaving me with nothing?

I guess you didn't feel the same.

You stopped laughing. Your smile faded.

You were no longer the same person I'd fallen in love with.

I found it harder and harder to sleep. I would lie on my bed, face stuffed into my pillow, thinking about how my life had crumbled into pieces.

The world is filled with people, filled with life. The world is filled with noise and emotion.

And yet I feel like the only one here.

I'm still waiting for you to come back to me, to help me out of my self created depression. I'm waiting for the day you'll come to the door of my room, laughing like you used to.

But I know you won't.

I saw you with someone else, treating her the same way you used to treat me. And I'm happy for you, I really am.

But I'm so tired. Tired of trying to be who I'm not anymore, tired of being alone.

I'm tired of staying afloat.

So slowly, I begin to sink.