|𝟎𝟎𝟔|

"𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕥,"

"𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕥,"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Eight fell through the bright blue vortex just as the men rounded the corner. The next thing she knew she was being spat out the other end of the portal and tossed against something lumpy.

The sixteen-year-old's head pounded and her body ached as if she'd just been pummeled by a pile of bricks. Something under her let out a low groan and suddenly Eight realized 'what' she'd landed on was actually a 'who'.

She shakily muttered an apology and scrambled off the person, not even waiting to see who had broken her landing.

"Does everyone else see a little Five and a tiny Eight or is it just me?" The two youths heard a man ask. Eight, who was shaking the dirt off her denim bootcut jeans and green button-down shirt, instantly froze and slowly turned to look at the boy next to her.

A sixteen-year-old Five Hargreeves stood looking down at his baggy grey suit in dismay.

"Shit," Five mumbled in realization. He looked over at the girl who looked as though she had just seen a ghost. Eight couldn't believe what she was seeing, it felt like a massive slap to the face.

"Eight," Five breathed what seemed to be a sigh of relief, the girl's starstruck expression began changing into one of pure fury as he walked over to her in his baggy clothes, arms stretched wide for a hug, "I'm so glad you're okay -"

Five was immediately cut off when Eight stomped over and kneed him swiftly between the legs. A sympathetic "ooo" sounded from the group beside them.
The boy groaned and doubled over in pain, reaching out to Eight with a trembling hand. The girl sneered in distaste and brought her knee back up to hit him square in the face.

"Fuck! What the hell Eight?!" he shouted painfully as nursed his nose he looked up at her for an explanation.

"Go fuck yourself Five," she seethed. Eight then spun swiftly and marched into the house.
Her siblings cleared a path for her and looked back over at Five as he hobbled over to the group.

"Glad to know she's still alive at least," he said sarcastically.

⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

Eight was sitting by the main doorway of the kitchen glowering. After she'd stormed into the house, Vanya had found her and they hugged and caught up. Vanya had later made Eight promise she wouldn't attack Five anymore, they were a family she said, and they needed to stick together if they wanted to make it through this whole 'funeral' mess.