|𝟎𝟎𝟕|

"ℍ𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕖𝕩𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕝𝕪?"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

After making herself another sandwich and giving the rest of her siblings a threatening glare, Eight quickly walked out of the kitchen, away from their stares and away from all the prying questions she knew were forming in their feeble brains.

She carefully walked up the stairs and through the halls, her fingers lightly trailing across the peeling pale green paint. A wave of nostalgia hit her almost instantly when she finally stepped through the doorway of her childhood bedroom.

Nothing had changed, it looked exactly as she had left it all those years ago. Her band posters were still meticulously pinned to her wall. Her desk was still dotted with wax from the half-burned candles she lit when she stayed up late at night to read. Her bed was still neatly made with the sheets tucked into the sides as they did in the hotels from the movies she'd secretly watched as a kid.

The only difference was that everything was now covered in a thin layer of dust from a lack of human interaction.

Eight promptly closed the door and walked over to her bed to lie down, it had been a while since she'd had a good nap. Right as she threw herself down on the sheets there was a knock.

She groaned in annoyance, got up, walked over to her door, opened it and saw who it was, then let out another groan and slammed the door shut. Then there was a faint woosh.

"Still got that same old Eight Hargreeves charm I see," she heard Five say as she heaved herself back onto her bed.

"Fuck off Five, can't you see I'm busy?" Eight grumbled as she buried her head deeper into her fluffy goose-down pillows, "What are you doing in my room anyway you little creep?"

"I think you know exactly why Delores"

Chills ran down her back as the girl felt her muscles stiffen.

Eight breathed deeply into her bedsheets and slowly lifted herself off of her small bed.

"Who?" She asked as she turned to look at the boy, his hands were in his pockets per usual and he had a painfully sarcastic look on his face.

"Cut the shit Eight, you know exactly who," he said in a low voice as he slowly approached her bed where she had moved herself into a sitting position with her back stick straight and her hands folded stiffly on her lap.

"Look Five it's been a long day and I've got some business to attend to in the morning so if you could just take your stupid questions and bad haircut and see yourself out that'd be great."

"No"

"What do you mean no?" Eight was getting more irritated by the second, she could feel the pit of her stomach boiling and swirling with power and knew that the serum was wearing off.

"I mean no, I won't leave, not until you agree to help me," Five got closer still and the girl could feel his breath fanning her face as her heart jumped to her throat.

"Help you with what exactly?" Eight asked innocently, she feigned ignorance even though she knew precisely what Five was talking about.

"Stopping the apocalypse of course," the boy answered simply, and then the wheels in Eight's head started spinning.
Then, in one swift movement, she tackled the boy to the ground and started punching any inch of him she could reach.

"You goddamned bastard!" she shrieked, "you did it on purpose! You brought me here on purpose to help you stop your precious fucking apocalypse! I was almost done you prick! I was almost free!"

The initial shock of her attack had left Five frozen and when he finally came to his senses and blinked out from under her he was covered from head to toe in big red splotches.

"Eight stop it!" he pinned her arms to her sides and dragged her into a sitting position with her back against the bed frame, "Look, I don't know what you're talking about but you're here now and we have the chance to save our family from whatever destroys the world in the next nine days so I suggest you calm down and come and talk with me when you're ready to cooperate."

The girl just sat there seething with anger and glaring at the boy so furiously he almost let her go out of fear of another attack. Instead, he gave her a pointed look and blinked out of the room in a flash of blue.
As soon as he was gone Eight stood up and threw her pillow at the wall. Her frustrated heavy breaths dissolved into sobs as she sank back down onto her knees.

She had been so close to freedom, so close to living and not just surviving, it was incredible how all her years of hard work had been thrown away in a second. All because of that stupid boy, the ignorant child who thought he could fix something that was never meant to be fixed.

Five, the boy who thought he could stop the inevitable, had just stolen her life away from her, again.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

THE PANDORA POST:

GUYS HELP! I met a boy and I really like him but I don't know if he likes me!! What do I do?!! I know this sounds stupid but I'm serious I really like him.

Anyways,

Ooooooo dramaaaa. I've got something so delicious and so devious coming up in the book I can't wait. I have been INCREDIBLY inactive but I just started my junior year and so far it's kicking my ass.

Questions, comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Vote and enjoy:)