|𝟎𝟎𝟐|

"𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟, 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕒𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖,"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nothing. That's what was left of the world. Absolutely nothing.

Ashes swirled around the brunette as sour air invaded her lungs with every breath. Buildings were destroyed and some were on fire. What could have been the cause of such a horrific scene?

"Ben!...'

Eight could hear someone shouting in the distance.

'Vanya!...'

She started running through the wreckage and towards the voice, her heart pounding and her head spinning from the adrenaline.

'Dad!...'

It was Five.
He was walking around screaming the names of his family, looking for anyone who had survived whatever had caused the world to end up in such an apocalyptic state.
He looked to be on the verge of tears as he slowly stopped in front of what was left of the Umbrella Academy mansion and slid down to his knees with a look of utter defeat.

Eight wanted to run to him, to pull him off the ground by his collar and yell at him for all the worry he had caused. She wanted to ask him if he knew what had happened, wanted to slap him across the face out of anger, but she couldn't move. It was as if her feet were glued to the ground. The only thing that escaped her was a strangled cry as her emotions clashed chaotically inside her head.

Five whipped his head around at the sudden noise and his watery eyes seemed to bug out of his head when they met the young girl.

"Eight?!" He exclaimed as he jumped to his feet.

"Hey," she responded hoarsely, finally finding her voice.

"Eight what are you doing here?!" He was storming towards her, a look of confusion flashing across his face.

"I came to get you," Eight told him hesitantly.

"Eight" Five started but she kept going before he could yell at her.

"Vanya was worried sick! Do you realize how stupid it was to argue with Dad? Don't you know what happens when you piss him off? God, you're really gonna get it when we get back," the hazel-eyed girl rambled.

"Eight," a look of irritation started to settle on the boy's features as he went to interrupt the girl, but she continued.

"And you know what? I can't wait to see it happen 'cause you deserve it," she concluded, grabbing his arm and yanking him to her side.

"Eight get off!" Five shouted, pulling his arm from her firm grip, "Look, I don't give a shit about what Dad or anyone else thinks, okay? I don't, so if you think I'm going back with you then you should've just stayed home."
but Eight wasn't listening.