ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

・゜゜・  𝔼𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝  ・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・ 𝔼𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝 ・゜゜・.

On the 12th hour of October 1st, in the year 1989, 43 women in different parts of the world gave birth. This would have been normal if not for the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer extraordinaire, resolved to locate and retrieve as many of these mystery babies as he could.

He got eight, and I was one of them.

My siblings and I lived in a mansion with a robot mother and a chimpanzee for a butler. No, we didn't lead just any mediocre life. You see, all of us had powers, well, almost all of us.

I was called Number Eight by my father who didn't care to name us as babies and instead used numbers to address us.

Our robot mother Grace later chose to give my siblings proper names as they grew up but I was already gone before she could think of one for me so I was stuck with my assigned number.

I had the power of reality warping. All I had to do was think about it and it would happen, it was just as much a curse as it was a gift.
The main problem, however, was that I could never learn how to fully use my power properly, no matter how hard or how long I trained it seemed as though I would never master my 'gift'.

My father always told me that I didn't know the extent of my full potential. And I was always told I never would if I didn't apply myself enough, if I weren't so weak.

I was a very selective person, always very picky about whom I socialized with.
This was especially true for one person, Five Hargreeves. We hated each other with a fierce determination. Adopted siblings by chance, lifelong rivals by choice.

If he did something, I made sure I did it better.

If he was punished, I made sure to rub it in later.

If I wanted something, he made sure I could never have it.

It had been that way since the beginning of time and that's how it would continue to be, I would make sure of that.