Chapter 19•°• Missing again

Tuesday was dumbfounded. Where was Moxy? She just stared at the pillow in the bed for what seemed like a long time.

"Moxy?" She called out. She thought she could lure Moxy into a trap but there was no response.

She started to look around, checking everywhere. Under the bed, under the table, behind the mirror... everywhere!

She groaned in frustration and turned to leave. Her plan was ruined. She reached the Institute of Perfection and saw that the lights in Lou's mansion were on.

"No no no no no..." She muttered under her breath.

She ran towards Lou's mansion and knocked. Lou opened the door, still half asleep. He yawned and stretched out his arms. Then he looked at Tuesday.

"What? Is? It?" He said, trying to stay awake.

"Lou, I was just checking if you're okay!" Tuesday grinned.

"Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" He asked.

"I just saw that the lights were on here and I was worried." She replied, impatiently wanting to know if Moxy was inside.

"Oh, you were worried? Well, I'm fine. I was just getting myself a glass of water." He yawned.

"Is... is Moxy here?" She asked and that made Lou wake up.

"No, why? Did something happen to her?" He asked, grabbing Tuesday by her shoulders.

"Not yet..." She mumbled.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing... it's just that I can't find her anywhere and I'm just so worried." She frowned.

"Let's go look for her." He said, pulling her.

~

Once they reached Uglyville, Lou rushed in and out every house while Tuesday took her time. She had to savour the hunt, she couldn't miss this opportunity. She kept the sewing needle close to her.

"Moxy!" Lou shouted, sounding worried.

"Moxy! Where are you!" Tuesday shouted as well, while secretly rolling her eyes.

They spent the whole night looking for her and she just wasn't there. Lou sighed sadly as he and Tuesday returned to the Institute.

The sun was already rising but for some reason, Lou felt restless. He didn't know that the black figure that took Moxy at the day of the gauntlet, was actually Tuesday and Ox. So he thought that it might've took her again.

He went to the supply shed without Tuesday knowing and looked for the sewing needle. It was nowhere to be found. Where is it?! He thought to himself as he checked and threw away every box.

"Lou, stop it!" A muffled voice was heard under a pile of boxes.

"Who's there?" Lou turned around.

"Just help me get out of here!" The voice replied.

He walked towards the pile of boxes and removed them. Then he saw familiar coloured fur he was very happy to see. He removed the boxes at a much faster pace and hugged her as soon as they were removed.

"Moxy, I thought you were gone." He sighed in relief.

"Well, I had to go back to the Big World." Moxy replied in a muffled voice. Lou was hugging her tightly that her face was pressed against his chest. "That's enough hugging Lou."

"Oh, sorry. So, you never told me. How's the Big World?" Lou smiled sincerely.

"It's great! I love it there and-!" Moxy cut herself off when she saw Lou's smiled fade away. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm just happy that you finally got what you wanted... a loving kid." He smiled weakly.

"Are you happy?" Moxy tilted her head.

"I'm... I'm not." Lou frowned again.

"What? Why?" Moxy asked, she was shocked.

"Because... I never got a chance." Lou caressed her cheek, causing her to look at him.

"A chance to do what?" Moxy blinked a few times.

"To apologize." Lou cooed and leaned in, Moxy felt a wave of happiness rush over her. Was this really happening? She thought, smiling.

"Lou, I didn't find... her?" Tuesday's mouth hung open in shock.

Lou and Moxy pulled away from each other reluctantly. Tuesday had interrupted them, she repeatedly looked at the two dolls in confusion.

"She's here..." Tuesday said. "And she's safe and alive." Tuesday said the last part in a low tone while clenching her fists.

"Yeah, she was in the Big World. But she's okay." Lou replied while smiling at Moxy and she smiled back.