Chapter 14 •°• Goodbye?

The day of the gauntlet, the day that determined whether or not dolls get to go to the Big World. The day that determined whether Moxy was going to leave Lou. The day that decided everyone's fate...

Lou's heart was beating fast, all runners were ready to enter the gauntlet. Even Moxy herself and her friends, somehow she managed to convince Lou to allow them to run it too. Why did he have to be so soft around her?

Now Lou had problems piled on top of problems. He knew the truth, but he couldn't tell them the truth. But he also couldn't stop them from discovering it either. They didn't need him, his training or the worthless gauntlet.

If Moxy's friends passed the gauntlet then... Lou would be all alone again. His fans never seemed to close the gap in his heart. He never cared. They didn't matter to him.

But ever since Moxy arrived, he never felt alone. He never felt different, he never felt like the prototype that he was and most of all. He never felt like he needed the love and acceptance from a child. He was happy just like when Ox arrived, he was never alone.

Moxy's eyes lit up with excitement and joy. She couldn't believe that today was truly the day! She had been awaiting for this moment her whole life and her dreams were about to come true. She smiled at her friends and hugged them all. Nolan wasn't as excited but he was happy. Kitty, Lydia and Mandy were quite happy but Tuesday and Ox were nowhere to be seen.

She looked at Lou and he gave her a small smile like something was going to happen that will change their lives... forever. She went to him to see what was up. They were talking at a tone that no one but the two of them could hear.

"Lou, are you okay?" She asked him.

"I'm fine, good luck I'll be waiting out here." Lou sniffled.

"You're not running the gauntlet with us?" Moxy frowned.

"I'm just a guide, there's no point in running the gauntlet when I clearly know that I have to stay." Lou smiled weakly.

"You have to?" Moxy gasped in realisation. "You didn't choose to stay, you're-"

"Yes, I'm forbidden from ever going to the Big World. Happy now?" Lou looked frustrated.

"Lou, I want you to tell me the truth. Why are you forbidden?" Moxy asked.

"Because I'm a prototype okay?!" Lou shouted and that grabbed everyone's attention.

"You're a prototype?" Mandy gasped.

Then everyone started to murmur, Prettydolls and Uglydolls alike.

"Omg! Lou's a prototype!"

"I knew that something fishy was going on here."

"I always knew that someone as perfect as Lou was too good to be true."

"Yes I am a prototype and y'know what? Go! Nothing's stopping you, the gauntlet doesn't matter." Lou sighed.

Everydoll stood up and went through the portal, one by one until only Lou and Moxy were left. Well that's what they thought.

Moxy just stared at Lou, she felt betrayed. "You lied to us all, Louis." She muttered.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did. It's just that everything would've been easier if you hadn't arrived!" Lou said.

"Don't put the blame on me!" Moxy replied.

"Well I should because you're the reason why all of this happened." Lou snapped.

"When I was trying to forget about this place in Uglyville, who brought me back?" Moxy asked.

"Don't start that now..." Lou frowned.

"When I tried to escape, who brought me back still?!" Moxy started to get angry.

"Stop..." Lou sighed.

"When my life was going back to simply normal... who came back to make it more complicated?" Moxy started to tear up.

"Moxy... look I..."

"I... was starting to fall in love with you." Moxy whispered. "I was starting to like this psycho doll standing in front of me. But now... I hate you Louis..." Moxy ran off and just as she was about to walk in the portal, a fast dark figure took her away.

"Moxy no!" Lou tried to chase it but it was too fast.

Lou fell on his knees in defeat, loosing Moxy was the last thing he wanted. He frowned and looked at the portal, then at the direction Moxy was taken to. She was gone... forever... was there still hope?

Or was it goodbye?