Chapter 17•°• The only one that mattered

The blind light grew faint as Moxy stepped out of the portal, she took a deep breath. She still couldn't believe she came back and she wasn't sure of the reason why she bothered to come back.

She looked around and everything seemed to look the same but it was deadly quiet. Well, the exposition robots were a bunch of silent machines. She sighed and took a step forward. She was shaking with every step. But she managed to make her way around the Institute.

Why do I have this fear in me? She asked herself, by now she was standing before Lou's mansion. It was bigger than she remembered. She hesitantly made her way up the steps. Why can't I stop? I don't want this! But... I haven't seen him in a while... She stopped the second she heard laughter.

Is he with someone? What am I doing? I need to leave! Moxy couldn't make up her mind, she wanted to see Lou but at the same time she didn't. She just froze in place, unsure of what to do...

Should I go or should I go to him?

She could've sworn that her heart stopped the minute she heard the name of a certain blue haired female.

"Tuesday..." Moxy repeated, her voice filled with venom.

For some reason she felt betrayed... abandoned and angry. But at the same time she understood that Lou probably moved on from the whole 'breakup'. She sighed and turned to leave when she felt a hand grab her arm.

Her eyes met with perfect blue ones, which reflected pain and sadness. She gasped and looked away in shame. He wasn't supposed to see her!

"Moxy, why are you back?" Lou asked, he looked softly at the visibly miserable Uglydoll.

"I... uhm, you see... I..." Moxy stammered, she had longed for Lou's touch in a long time. She had missed his soft hands caressing her even softer pinkish red fur.

Oh, how she missed his laugh and smile... his sweet smile. She missed his kisses, his rare hugs... she truly missed Lou.

"Well?" Lou raised an eyebrow.

"I... was on my way to Uglyville..." Moxy replied, in her mind she wanted Lou to hold her arm forever.

"Oh, then I should let you go, I wouldn't want to disrupt your trip like this." Lou tightened his grip on her arm but not too tight.

"Shouldn't you be letting go?" Moxy asked, secretly she didn't want him to let go.

"Oh, my apologies." Lou reluctantly let go of her arm.

"So, how have you been?" Moxy gently touched the place Lou's hand was.

"Oh... I've been co-"

"Moxy?!" Tuesday almost screamed.

"Tuesday?!" Moxy mimicked her tone, to avoid any suspicion.

"What was that all about?" Lou asked, he found it weird.

"Oh it's just a new way to greet a friend, we just made it up and it's not working out." Tuesday nervously chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck.

"I should be going now, it was nice seeing you Lou." Moxy said and ran off.

Tuesday was glaring at her as she ran, she felt her stuffing boil. What does it take to get rid of that pest of a hideous doll? She thought to herself. She wanted Moxy to be gone, for good but the Big World just wasn't enough to keep her away.

"Tuesday, are you alright?" Lou asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm fine Lou." She gritted her teeth. "I'll be in my house if you need me, I need some time to cool off."

"Wait, you're not sleeping in the mansion? Why do you need time to cool off?" Lou was confused.

"I just want to be alone okay? Stop asking so many questions." Tuesday stomped away.

Lou just stood behind, dumbfounded. Was there something going on between Moxy and Tuesday that he didn't know? Besides all of that, he almost felt whole again... almost. He felt happy that Moxy came back... the only doll who mattered in his life was back.

~

Once Moxy reached Uglyville she went in her house and was welcomed by her dear copying machine. She sighed of relief, for some reason she wanted to win back Lou. She was neglecting the feelings for too long that they couldn't be neglected anymore. It was a good thing that time went by slowly in the Big World compared to Uglyville and Perfection. She climbed onto her soft bed and drifted off to sleep.