Chapter 40 - Witch

John's PoV

John: "So you are telling me Ellen came over to interrogate you about Natsumi's whereabouts. Then all of sudden she had to leave?"

Shido: "Pretty much..."

Suddenly Shido puts his hand on his ear, indicating he is getting a call from Fraxinus.

Shido: "Hello?" His face then went to a shock expression after a couple seconds of listening.

Shido: "What!? I can't just stand there and do nothing!" Shido then looked back at me before taking off his ear com and putting it in his pocket. I raised my eyebrows in response.

John: "What was that all about?"

Shido: "Tengu city is in danger. A satellite will crash down onto the city in about thirteen minutes! We have to stop it from hitting!"

John: "And how are we supposed to do that? I'm pretty sure even with the powers we have currently, it won't be enough to stop a large satellite."

Shido: "I can't just give up! This is OUR city! We need to find Natsumi as soon as possible since she is the only one with all her powers still intact!"

John: "I think I have an idea." Shido then grabbed onto my shoulders.

Shido: "Well spit it out!"

I then pulled out my phone before pressing Dell's name in the contacts. He picked up the call after a ring.

Dell: "Hey John. Is there something you need?"

John: "Yeah, how is the prototype weapon coming along right now?"

Dell: "Well uh... the weapon itself is not functional yet. It needs a special form of energy to be powered up. Why do you ask?"

John: "There is a satellite coming down to hit the city soon. Bring it to Tengu Square, I think I know where I can get the energy to power it up."

Dell: "I'll be there as soon as possible. I'll meet you there."

John: "Okay. Hurry." I hung up the call after.

John: "Let's go to Tengu Square now."

Shido: "What about Natsumi?"

John: "She will come back to us. I'm sure of it. Now let's go now, we don't have much time."

Shido and I then sprinted towards Tengu Square. As we do so, the space quake alarm has been activated. People around the area are then seen fleeing towards the nearest shelter. As they do so, a large satellite can be seen heading towards the city.

Shido: "Oh no, we are too late... what are we going to do now!?"

Before I could answer, a large projectile is seen quickly heading towards the satellite. Upon contact, the satellite immediately explodes as small pieces flies out of every single direction. I then looked at where the projectile came from, tracing it back I can see a really small figure on top of a familiar airship. It is Kotori who is in her limited astral dress.

Shido: "Is the city saved now?" As if it's on cue, another satellite can be seen heading towards the city.

Shido: "Wait John, I have an idea."

John: "What is it?"

Shido: "Both of us summon Sandalphon, then we fire the strongest projectile at it together."

John: "Alright, let's do it then."

Shido and I then raised our hands before shouting the angel's name.