Chapter 1 - A Familiar Face

John's PoV

As both me and the unknown girl stare each other, with the latter's eyes going wide, all of sudden I sense her about to slap my face with her left hand. So knowing my reflexes, I dodged it with no effort.

???: "Why are you touching me you dirty pig?" She says in a harsh tone.

John: "Look, miss. I just saved your life. At least be grateful for that." I said in a calm tone, however the girls tone remained the same.

???: "If I wanted to be saved, it would rather be a another girl instead. Now let go of me you disgusting pig."

I gently placed her down, unfazed on her harsh words.

John: "Look miss, I honestly do not understand what is wrong, but like I said before. Be grateful I saved your life, if it weren't for me you would have been dead by now."

???: "Stupid, all men are the same. You are no different. Your hands made my uniform dirty now." She glares at me as she finishes the last sentence.

I sigh as I begin to walk away to the restaurant Hiroto recommended to me.

John: "Just do what you gotta do then."

The girl continues to glare at the young man as he leaves the scene while a little crowd who witnessed this event applauds him for his heroic act.

However, despite the hatred towards the young man, her heart beats a little faster than before. However decides to shake off this feeling and proceeds to walk away.

Meanwhile, while John is walking towards the destination, he begins to check the pockets of there is anything inside since he was too busy chatting with Hiroto and saving the girl. To his surprise, he has a wallet and a lot of money on him, which can be used to buy a large meal and for hotel costs since he has nowhere to stay. Not even questioning the items he has, John puts the mysteriously obtained belongings back inside his pocket, not before he bumped into someone on the way.

John stuttered backwards a bit while the person he bumped into fell and landed on his rear. As the person landed, a slightly high cheerful voice can be heard.

???: "Big Brother!"

???: "I'm fine Kotori. Just a little accident."

The girl with the cheerful voice who is named Kotori rushes towards her big brother and helps him up while I just stood there admiring the scene of a family member caring for another.

John: "Sorry, I didn't look where I was going" I apologized and bow at the young man that is about the same as my age.

???: "Hey, no problem man. It was just a little accident. No big deal." He says as he rubs the back of his head.

It took me a while to notice that the person I just bumped into is the protagonist of the light novel I was reading. His name is Shido Itsuka, a young man with the ability to seal spirits with a kiss. The girl beside him is Kotori Itsuka, Shido's foster sister since they are not blood related, but was adopted to the Itsuka household at a young age. She is currently wearing white ribbons, which means she is in her sister mode.

Shido: "Hey you alright man?" Shido asks in a worried tone as he waves his hand in front of my face.

John: "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking about something."

Shido: "It's fine. Anyways I never seen you around here. Are you new?"

John: "Yeah, I just came out of the airport. I'm just trying to find a restaurant to eat there."

Shido: "Well since we are on the topic of food, would you like to come eat with us at a restaurant we are heading to? I can show you around as we talk." Shido offered.