Chapter 46 - An Unusual Competitive Bond

John's PoV

A few days later after the incident with Shido

Natsumi: "Do you want me to place the plates down now?"

John: "Yeah, please place them down. I'll begin plating once you're done."

I am currently making breakfast along with Natsumi while the others watches TV in the living room. Natsumi and I are currently making Omurice, well currently plating it at least since I just finished cooking the fried rice. Once Natsumi finished placing the plates down, I begun pouring a good portion of fried rice for each plate. One for Shido, Kotori, Tohka, Yoshino, Natsumi, and me. Once each plate has an equal portion, I placed another plate down on each plate so the food wouldn't get cold once the eggs are finished.

John: "It's time to make the omelettes now. Do you remember how to make the omelettes for the omurice?"

Natsumi: "I think so... May I make them this time?"

John: "Sure, the egg yolks are ready and the small pan should be hot enough. If you need any assistance, I will guide you again."

Natsumi: "Okay."

Natsumi pours a bit of vegetable oil down on the pan before pouring a scoopful of egg down on the pan. Grabbing a pair of wooden chopsticks, she starts stiring the yolk gently making the middle part a bit fluffy. Once about a minute pass, Natsumi carefully flips half the egg on top before flipping the whole thing. After another minute pass, she lifts the pan off the stove, prompting me to lift one of the plates off so she can place the omelette on the fried rice.

Natsumi: "Did I do good...?"

John: "You did really great Natz. You did really well making the omelette for the first time." I gently give Natsumi a pat on the head as she lightly smiles from the praise.

Natsumi: "Can I make another one?"

John: "Of course you can. It's always great to practice. It will make you really efficient the next time you want to make this dish again."

Natsumi: "Thank you John, I'll make sure to let you try my version of Omurice the next time I cook it. Your feedback really helps."

John: "I'll take you up on the offer then Natz. I will wait patiently."

After chatting a little, Natsumi proceeds to make five more omelettes for the fried rice, after the eggs are finished, all it needs now are the garnish. Which is of course, ketchup. After finishing with the garnish, the dish is ready to be served.

John: "Food is ready guys!"

Grabbing the plates, I place each of them down on the table as Natsumi places a spoon down beside each plate. Just as we finished, everyone made their way towards the dining table staring at the dishes in awe.

Kotori: "Omurice for breakfast?"

John: "Yep, Natsumi helped me make it too."

Tohka: "Then that means this will be extra delicious! John and Natsumi's cooking are really amazing! I can't wait to dig in!"

Yoshinon: "This really does look like it was done by professionals! The presentation is stunning!"

Yoshino: "They look really great..."

John: "Okay, save the praises for later. Dig in everyone." Everyone nods their head before taking a seat at the dining table. Grabbing the spoons, they pick the piece of Omurice before putting them into the mouth. All widen their eyes after swallowing.

Shido: "You two really outdid yourselves this time. This is amazing!"

Tohka: "It really is! I love it!"