Chapter 33 - Rescue

John's PoV

With Miku in the team, the group proceeds to head towards the DEM HQ that held Tohka hostage. With the help of Kurumi, the trip towards there is short. Although since there is limited seats in the vehicle, it's rather crowded with Yuzuru, Kaguya, Kurumi, and Shido in the back seat while Miku and I are on the front. Yoshino is sitting on Miku's lap as the latter loves her company. Although skeptical, I decided to let it slide since rescuing Tohka was the main priority.

Upon reaching near the headquarters, we decided to travel there on foot to avoid any unnecessary attention.

John: "This looks heavily guarded, there is definitely going to be company waiting both outside and inside."

Shido: "So what's the plan?"

John: "Shido, you, Miku, and I will go inside. The rest of you will deal with hostiles outside."

Yuzuru was about to speak up as I knew what she is going to say.

John: "Yes, I know what you are going to say. But I'll be fine. Don't worry. You and your sister fight really well together anyways."

Yuzuru only lets out a sigh before giving me a short kiss as Miku looked in surprise.

Yuzuru: "Please be careful..." I gave her a reassuring smile before giving her a quick hug. I then looked at Shido and a still surprised Miku.

John: "Okay, let's go you guys."

Before anything else happens however, I see something quickly heading towards Kurumi as I immediately tackled her to the ground.

Kurumi: "My, aren't you bold?~"

I then looked at Kurumi's attempted assailant. It is Mana.

Shido: "Mana!?"

Upon hearing Shido's voice, Mana immediately turned her attention towards her brother as she then tackles him into a hug.

Mana: "Brother!"

As the two talks, I then lift myself up before helping Kurumi afterwards.

Kurumi: "I got personal matters to attend with DEM anyways, I'll be taking my leave now. Don't worry, my clones will assist your friends~"

John: "Okay, and thank you Kurumi."

Kurumi: "Fufu~ I'm honored. Maybe you should take me out on a date as a reward one day~"

John: "Uh... sure..."

Kurumi: "Sounds like a plan then, until we meet again~"

Kurumi then disappears into the shadow as I then felt a hand on my shoulder.

Shido: "You ready to go?"

John: "Yeah."

Shido: "Where's Kurumi?"

John: "She got personal business to attend to. Her clones will still help us."

Shido: "Okay, let's go. Miku is waiting."

John: "What about Mana?"

Shido: "She will be helping the others outside."

The two of us then meet up with Miku as she is waiting near the front entrance of the main building door.

Miku: "There you are. Are you ready?"

John: "Yeah, let's go."

I then summoned an assault rifle which bears a resemblance to the M16. A grenade launcher is also attached onto the weapon.