Chapter 13 - Hermit And The Puppet

April 17th 2011

John's PoV

Following the same morning schedule, Shido and I proceed to run towards Raizen High School. However, it is currently raining. The weather forecast however says it was supposed to be sunny today.

Shido: "Hey, let's stop by the shrine here for a bit. I need a little rest."

John: "I could carry you if you want." I joked as Shido nervously chuckled.

Shido: "Nah, it's fine. I just need a little rest that's all. Besides, we still have about half an hour until school starts anyways."

John: "Alright then."

The both of us then proceeds to go towards the shrine to take a rest, however puddle splashes are heard.

Shido: "Did you hear that?"

John: "I heard it, someone else is here too."

Just then, a little girl wearing a familiar hoodie came to our view. However, she tripped and fell. A puppet flew out of her hand. Shido then immediately runs towards the girl to help her.

Shido: "Hey, are you alright?"

The girl looks up to reveal a familiar face. It is Yoshino. She then backs away a few distance from Shido.

Yoshino: "Please don't hurt me..."

Shido: "What? I won't hurt you."

As the two converses, I went ahead to pick up the puppet and gave it back to Yoshino.

John: "Hey, you dropped your friend here."

Upon seeing my face, Yoshino's face immediately lit up, not before taking the puppet first also known as Yoshinon back into her hand.

Puppet: "Hey, it's you John! It's been a while! Looks like you brought a friend with you too!"

John: "Yeah, it is. Nice to see you again. Also, this is Shido. He is actually my brother."

Shido: "Hello, nice to meet you." He offered his hand to shake as the puppet accepted the handshake.

???: "Hello Shido! I'm Yoshinon! Isn't that a cute name?"

Shido: "Y-yeah, it is a cute name."

John: "So, what are you doing out in the rain? You will catch a cold if you stay out too long."

Yoshinon: "Oh us? We are just having fun in the rain that's all. How about you?"

John: "Shido and I are on our way to school. We are  just stopping by to rest."

Yoshinon: "Well Shido, could it be the real reason why you are here, is it because you want to find a cute girl like Yoshinon!?"

Shido: "What!? N-no! I only needed a rest that's all!"

Yoshinon: "Oh? A shy one?"

Shido: "OkayJohnIfeelrestednowletsgo!"

Shido then proceeds to run from the scene leaving the three of us alone.

John: "Well I better get going too. School is going to start soon. It was nice talking to you."

Yoshinon: "Haha, I definitely enjoyed your company! Yoshie would agree too! Your friend is also really funny!"

John: "Well that's Shido for you, he tends to have a bit of an awkward conversation with girls after all. But at least he can talk to them properly unlike another friend, who thinks a dating simulator counts as one." As I sighed at the thought of Hiroto.