Chapter 17

In the morning the house was very noisy. I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. Once I was ready I headed to the kitchen. "That's mine!" My brother Leo yelled at Kai. "I don't see your name on it" Kai said with annoyed expression. "What's going on" I asked my mom. "They are fighting over the toast, I accidentally made one with more cheese than the other now both of them are fighting over it" mom said with a sigh. I wanted to speak but the front door fling open. The house went silent as we saw Owen walking in the house. "Hello, I'm back from my business trip" he said with a smirk when me and my brothers knew what he did. "Yeah sure come eat I made breakfast" my mom said as she headed to the living room turning the volume on. "I will stay for couple of days here alright" Owen said while taking his dirty shoes off and taking his jacket off. "Alright" my mom answered from the kitchen

None of us finished our breakfast. "Leo, Kai. Come" I told them and they followed me. We reached my bed room and I closed the door. "We need a way to tell mom that's he's cheating on her" I told both of them. Their look made me look stupid. "Are you serious? Mom loves him" Leo said. "That's true. How about we take it slowly?" Kai said looking at me and Leo. "Are you sure, what if something will happen?" I answered him. "Then-" Kai  couldn't finish his sentence as our mom called for us. "Kids! Finish your breakfast". We got up and headed to the kitchen.

Once we were done eating we wanted to go back but the news started on the tv. " Breaking news. Today this morning a woman was found dead in her apartment on her bed, the murder stabbed her several times in the chest and ran away. The police are searching around the house. This is how she looks like. Rest in peace" me and my brothers looked at the picture of that woman. "Isn't that the woman Owen was with?" Kai whispered in my ear. "I think she is" Leo whispered. We both looked at Owen. He had a smirk on his face, something was not right, something about to go wrong. "How could someone do such thing" Owen said. "I know right darling" my mom answered. But her expression was weird. "Let's go" Kai said grabbing my wrist and Leo's and pulling us with him.

We closed the door of the bedroom and sat quietly, I sat on my bed, Leo sat on my table and Kai dat on my chair. "I'm sure that woman was the one who Owen was with that day" Kai told us. "Yeah I noticed that" Leo agreed with Kai. "Do you think he killed her?" I asked them with a shaky voice. "I think he did, did you see his face when the news started?" Leo answered. "We should look into it" I said. "Are you crazy! Let's call the police" Leo answered. "No! They will make it worse" I said. "Guys! Stop, I agree with Elena but also with Leo. We should look into it and if things get too dangerous we will call the police" Kai interrupted our argument. "Oh and Leo me and Elena started noticing something strange about our father's death, some say he died in hospital and some in prison" Kai said with a serious tone that gave me chills. I wanted to speak but mom called for me. "Elena!! Your friends came!" I was confused, because nobody called me or told me that they will come over. "I'm coming!" I answered my mom. I got up walked out of my room and headed downstairs. "Hey Elena!" Violet said. "Oh hii. Hey Damien! What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "Oh I was bored to I wanted to sleep over maybe?" Violet said. "Oh I came to visit because I have nothing to do" Damien said with a smirk. "Well alright follow me" I told them walking towards the stairs. "Let's go!!" Violet said. While walking up the stairs I felt Owen gazing at me and Violet.

Once I reached my room I told my brothers to get out and they did. "Alright so Violet sleep on the bed I sleep on the floor" I said. "No n-" I didnt let her finish her sentence. "Your sleeping on the bed and I'm on the floor that's it" I said with a serious tone. The room went silent. "So I bought with me UNO wanna play it" Damien said as he pull uno out of his backpack. "Yesss! I'm good at this game I will beat all of you" Violet said with a challenging tone. "Game on" I answered.

Couple of minutes later Damien won 3 rounds Violet 1 and I 4. "Your funny you said you will beat us" I laughed as these words come out of my mouth. "Look is not my problem. You guys are just too good" Violet said with embarrassed expression. "Loser" Damien said as he laugh. "Kids! Come eat! And Elena call your friends too!" My mom called for us. "Let's go guys" I said while getting up from the floor.

Once we finished eating. "I need to go home now, thank you for the food" Damien said as he got up and winked at me while Violet acted like he didn't do that. "Bye!" I said my goodbyes to him and he left. "Do you have any pajamas with you?" I asked Violet. "Yup I got some with me no worries" she said with a smile.

At night I got myself a blanket and a pillow. "Goodnight Violet" I told Violet with a smile and she smiled back. "Goodnight!!". I tucked my self in to sleep but I couldn't I kept on hearing footsteps. They made me nervous. They got louder and closer to my room.

Couple of minutes later Violet was already sleeping but I couldn't. Suddenly the door opened and I faked sleep. It felt like that person walked past me ad went to Violet. I turned around and saw Owen with a pillow in his hands. Is he trying to kill her? I thought to myself but I didn't do anything. He put the pillow on her head and pressed on it. I got up immediately and took my glass of bottle and smacked it across the table. "Mom!" I yelled pushing him away from Violet. Violet woke up and screamed. I still had the glass in my hands. Once I was able to push him away from Violet I pointed the sharp glass at him. "Leave this house. Mom!!" I yelled at him while calling for mom. "Don't mind calling for her anymore" he said with a smirk. My heart was racing. What did he do to her?. "What did you do? Leo! Kai!" I yelled. "She wont wake up for a while" he said as he laughed. I heard someone running upstairs. "Elena! What's wrong!" I heard Leo's voice. I was relieved. "What! He should be asleep too" Owen said with shock face and scared tone. I heard Violet crying. "Violet don't worry" I said as I turned around but that was a huge mistake Owen wanted to run away but Leo was there in time and caught him. "Elena! I got him, call the police. Now!!" He yelled and I turned my head around. I immediately dropped the glass in my hands and went to call the police. Once I dialed the number in Owen was able to escape. Leo ran after him but couldn't catch him and he ran away...

Made for loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें