Weird

Oliver

What the fuck?!

What the actual fuck?

Sitting on my butt, I brought my knees up to my chest and dropped my head while I went over the moment in my head.

The moment I had with Asher.

The moment that sent shivers across my skin, making my heart pick up its pace.

Fast.

Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach.

What had started out as time to study ended up with me not being able to sleep without seeing Asher's curious green gaze behind my closed eyelids. The way he'd looked at me when our hands touched. The way he shivered slightly at the contact. I saw it. Saw the goosebumps rise on his skin.

He'd leaned in close to me.

So close.

If I'd leaned forward slightly, my lips would have been on his.

I knocked my head on my knees at that thought.

Stop it.

Stop thinking about it.

Lifting my head up, I saw Mason, Finn and Jenson on the court, weaving around each other as they fought for the ball, all of them skilled at the sport.

The court was in the local park. We often came here to shoot a few hoops and hang out. Sometimes meeting up with more of our friends here.

A few of the footballers sat at the side of the court, taking it in turns to join the three basketball players. Dylan sat with them. He looked my way and tipped his chin in greeting. I nodded back at him.

Part of me wishing he and Sofia hadn't broken up. If they were still together, she wouldn't be sniffing around Asher. Dylan and Sofia had dated for quite a while, a couple of years in fact, before she'd made a scene at school one day, claiming that he'd been sneaking around behind her back with a girl from out of town.

I knew Dylan. And I knew he'd never do anything like that. He was as honest as they came. Sofia had done her best to drag him down, to embarrass him in front of the whole school. But no one bought it. Everyone knew Dylan. No way he was seeing another girl.

No. Sofia was a drama queen, always wanting the spotlight on her, always looking for attention. And now she had the attention of Asher.

Asher.

Thoughts of what happened last Saturday flitted across my mind and I dropped my head on my knees again.

I'd tried my best to keep my time with Asher to a minimum after that. Careful not to look too much at him. Keeping my eyes either on the ground or on the air above his head. Not looking into his eyes.

Definitely not his eyes.

Those beautiful green eyes.

"Hey man." Jenson flopped down on the ground next to me, chugging on a bottle of water. "You good?"

I turned my head to look at him. "You've been asking me that all week."

"Because you don't seem okay." He ruffled my hair, still damp from the sweat of me shooting the ball over their heads on the court earlier. "I gotta check on my best friend."

I sighed and turned my head back to my knees. "I'm good."

"Yeah. You look real good."

I detected sarcasm in his voice. I turned my head to look at him again, narrowing my eyes.