-17-

A/N: Thank you so much to everyone who keeps reading and voting on my book, especially @Anoubxdh. I really appreciate you all so much 🥰🥰🥰

I wake up feeling tired and groggy, still exhausted from yesterday's conversation with Xavier, which I spent practically all night thinking about. What a control freak he is. I shower and dress for school within a few minutes and go downstairs to get myself some breakfast. My parents, as usual, have left for work, but I notice a newspaper on the table, and to my surprise, it's the same newspaper that interviewed Xavier yesterday.

I have just prepared a slice of toast with a lightly boiled egg, when I hear a sound from my bag. I open my bag and find the iPhone still sitting there. When I check the iPhone, I see that I have a message.

Xavier: The car is outside.

I look out the window and, true to his words, a black car is outside waiting for me.

Seriously, what is it with billionaires and black cars?

I grab the newspaper, and make my way out of the house and into the backseat of the car.

"Good morning", I politely greet the man at the front of the wheel.

"Good morning", he replies. "My name is Eric and I'll be your driver".

Eric starts the car and I open up the newspaper, and flip to the 'top ten bachelors' section.

The top bachelor of the week is Xavier Reyes, who is rated as one of the richest (and most handsome) men in the city. With his intense green eyes and sizeable bank account, he is the ideal female dream. Mr Reyes is a man who enjoys romantic picnics, and daffodils. His ideal woman is a gorgeous blonde, so to all the blondes out there, here's your chance to have a shot at the man. Mr Reyes is not 'interested in dating' at the moment, but we do know that he has a very interesting romance life. Of course, nothing less is expected from this sexy bachelor. More on the famous Mr Reyes can be found on his Wikipedia page. That's all on the top bachelor for the week.

I am so lost in the article that I don't notice when we arrive at my school, until Eric clears his throat. I look up suddenly, and hurry out of the car.

"I'll be here to pick you up and take you to Mr Reyes office", Eric says as I get out of the car.

I nod as he drives away.

***

School was basically uneventful, and in a few hours, I am at the parking lot, where Eric is dutifully waiting. I am just about to enter his car when Jordan suddenly drives into the lot, steps out of his car and walks up to me.

"Hey Candy", he said. "Let's get going 'kay"

Oh right, I couldn't tell Jordan about Xavier's decision because my parents had confiscated my phone.

"About that Jordan, Mr Reyes assigned a driver for me.", I say awkwardly.

"Why would he do that?", Jordan asks, looking puzzled.

I don't want Jordan to know that Xavier knows about my parents because that could just end up being messy and I prefer to avoid fights, so I just shrug, pretending that I don't know why Xavier assigned me a driver. Technically, I am not lying.

Jordan looks at Eric and his car suspiciously. "How do I know that this creep won't run off and kidnap you?", he questions.

Honestly I hadn't considered that.

"Xavier would probably send out a search team to find me", I say reassuringly.

Jordan shrugs. "So long as you feel safe", he says, ruffling my hair.