-6-

When I am sure that Xavier is gone, I grab my laptop from my room and google Xavier Reyes.

What do you hope to gain from looking at the mans life the voice in my head says, sounding vaguely angry.

I ignore it and, within a few minutes, I am deeply absorbed in Xavier's life, seeing everything about him that the media has captured. There are pictures of him at his various arms of business. It turns out that Reyes Industry has many branches including fashion, charity organization, and technology.

That's probably how he tracked me so fast

Another thing I notice is how Xavier is always accompanied to his events by gorgeous blond women who happen to look like models. He always seems to be with some woman and the media is constantly referring to him as the billionaire playboy. Looking at all of the women, my heart sinks into my stomach. They are all so gorgeous. This guy can literally have anyone he wants.

Why do I even care, I think to myself.

But deep down, I know that I had entertained the thought that maybe he was attracted to me. I cringe as I remember the mocking way he looked at me. I was nothing but a clumsy teen to him.

***

I was downstairs with my parents, having dinner, when my phone buzzed, and I saw that I had a message.

Audrey: What happened to you girl? Call me ASAP

I quickly wolfed down my dinner and politely excused myself from the table. The time was 8:15 which left me with 45 minutes before I had to turn in my phone to my parents for the night.

I called Audrey, who answered after a few rings.

"Hey Candy", she said cheerfully." So who was the guy? A friend of Jordans?"

"Actually he's some guy called Xavier Reyes and..."

I stop as I hear Audrey gasp loudly. "Xavier  Reyes. The Xavier Reyes. No way. How did you manage to meet the hottest billionaire in town?"

I was just about to answer when I heard my Mother coming to my room and I quickly hung up. The last time she caught me on my phone at night, I was grounded for a month.

The door to my room opened, and my mum came and collected the phone from my desk where I had dropped it. It was a common routine at our house. Mum would collect the phone, ask me how a test had gone, remind me to prepare for school and then she would leave. I patiently waited until she leaves before I pull out my laptop to check out Xavier Reyes online.

***

When I wake up the next day, I feel tired, probably because I spent too much time in front of the screen staring at pictures of Xavier Reyes.

I rush in and out of the shower, and I practically fly into my clothes and I am out of the house within 10 minutes. I practically run to Jordan's house and bang on the door frantically.

Jordan comes out, fully dressed, with his keys in his hand, his face a picture of surprise.

"Aren't you meant to be in school?', he asks while smirking.

"Now isn't the time to be funny" , I growl. "Just  take me to school please"

He rolls his eyes but agrees and, thankfully, he doesn't ask me why I was late.

When I arrive at school, I am pleased to see that I am five minutes early. I hop out of Jordan's car and start walking to the school building but a hand is suddenly on my shoulder and I spin around to find myself facing Xavier again. I feel myself go red as I remember how eagerly I was stalking him last night, but I force myself to remain calm and look him in the face. He is wearing a black suit and he looks gorgeous, but I try to ignore that.

"Mr Reyes, surely you have other things to do than stalk a high school student.", I try to make my voice controlled. "Leave  before I call security. You are not supposed to be on private property. It's trespassing "

He smiles lazily at me. "I  don't think I can trespass on land that I own but by all means, call security Candy." My name, pronounced in his gorgeous British accent makes me shiver. And what does he mean when he says that he owns the land. Surely he doesn't. I feel his green eyes on me and, even though its hard, I manage to pull myself away from him and walk towards the school. I have just settled in my class beside Audrey when my class teacher, Miss Grey, arrives. She looks excited and I soon find out why.

"Class, we are going to be having an internship program for the next two or three months based on your future career choices."

The whole class breaks into excited whispers as everyone begins to discuss what work they want to do. Miss Grey has to clap her hands together in order to get our attention.

When we are silent, she speaks again. "You will all be working under a company and roles will be assigned to you. And now to tell you more about the project, I invite the owner of our school, Mr Reyes"

I stare in shock as the door opens, and Xavier steps into the classroom.

A/N: Eek! I really love this chapter. So it turns out that Xavier really does own Candy's school. What's going to happen next?