19 | Attached

A/N:
There will be weekly updates for (at least) the next four chapters.

Shouto Todoroki

He did all this just to expose the truth? Todoroki pondered as his boyfriend slowly insinuated him into a warm, tender embrace. I couldn't help it... I had to do this, and I had the opportunity. I'm not stronger than my mind. I did that all without thinking twice. He didn't even yell at me for it. Why is he being so kind? Be kind to someone that needs it more than I do. Don't be so kind to me. After all, our time in this relationship is almost over. Yet, why do I want to continue being with you like this? I wanted to help you, so why are you trying to help me? Why do you insist on being so fucking kind to me? I can't let myself feel more than I already have. I have to leave him at the end of this week-long relationship. But his arms are so warm. His voice is so calming. His presence is so reassuring. It's the weekend tomorrow, and I have to go home. He'll beat her if I don't. But I just want to stay like this...curled into his embrace.

But how do I deserve it? Todoroki continued to wonder. The more he cares about me, the more time he's wasting on something worthless. How selfish of me to want to be with him. Selfish. So selfish... Always selfish. Every second someone spends talking to me is just a waste of time. I try to keep myself cold and somewhat unapproachable, but when approached, I have to find some way to help the person I'm talking to. Please them. Make them happy. Draw the attention away from myself. Make them think I'm fine and happy so they don't get involved with me and have to waste their time on me. It's just selfish. I'm always so selfish...

"I ain't mad at ya," Bakugou finally sighed, causing his chest to depress against Todoroki's chest. "I'm mad that something's makin' you feel like you have to lie and do this to yourself. No matter what problems you have, you can still be a Hero, you hear? You don't have to hide your problems from me, but I won't force you to say them. I just don't want to be lied to, Sh—"

Creee...

The bathroom door was steadily drawn open, revealing a glistening pair of green eyes. "Erm..." sheepishly murmured Midoriya. "Sh-Should I—"

"Get los—"

"It's fine."

"Hah?"

"We don't have anything to hide, do we?"

"No, but for your own damn sake."

"I'll get through it."

Picking at his nails and glancing between Todoroki and Bakugou, Midoriya inquired, "Um, is everything okay?" His body was like a sculpture of ice.

Todoroki nodded. "I was having some issues with my tube, but it's fixed, thanks to Bakugou." He unhurriedly withdrew his arms from the ash-blond; the foreign warmth mantling his body like a pillowcase to a pillow promptly began to fade.

"Oh, I see," Midoriya replied with a timid grin. "But I didn't know you two were so close." He brought his thumb and index finger to his chin, canting his head.

With a red, rippling scowl, Bakugou growled, "You didn't see a damn thing!"

Todoroki brought his arms around Bakugou's curved waist from behind. "Are you sure about that?" He felt Bakugou's chest inflate sharply.

Bakugou wrinkled his lips, but the hue of red permeating his cheeks only deepened. "Get your damn hands off me, you bastard!" Despite the ferocity of his words, Bakugou did not resist Todoroki's hold.

While Midoriya slowly backed himself out of the bathroom, Todoroki whispered, "'No way in hell.'" His words were jagged shards of glass melting into a vivid red liquid.