14 | Just Rest

A/N:
I've edited some parts of this chapter (mainly the flashback segments) solely for Wattpad. External link to AO3 is available on desktop.

。。。

13. Cuts

[His body collapsed onto the floor. Yet, although Todoroki's mind had capitulated to the weight of the blood rushing to his head, and although his shaking body was torpefied, his soul refused to drain away into a pool of ink. Todoroki could imagine his mind and soul steadily pouring out of his body into black silence like the blood flowing from his wrist and winding into the abyss, but he crawled up to his feet again and shakily shambled across the floor to retrieve his bandages.

I'll only be remembered by Bakugou as a fuck-up if I succumb, Todoroki cerebrated as he began to dress his lethal laceration. Why is this something I care about? I shouldn't care. I shouldn't have any emotional attachment to him. I'm not indebted to him. Yet, he's the first person to supposedly care about my health. About my being alive. About my choices. Everyone else...usually wanted something from me. Some people used me, even though I knew I was being used. Some were genuinely infatuated with me. Some were mixed. I guess Bakugou is the only one that's stopped me from killing myself. Iida did lecture me on nutrition, and he ensured that I was eating three meals every day, but that's...simply Iida.

Once Todoroki patched up his gash, he froze over the bandages binding his wrist and staggered back into the shower. "Am I afraid of being hated by Bakugou?"]

。。。

Shouto Todoroki

Sharp squiggles of pain hissed through Todoroki's wrist while he finished showering. Then, after sliding into a fresh set of clothing, he tucked himself into the comfort of his soft hoodie and let out a long breath. For a few minutes, Todoroki silently stood in the budding warmth enveloping his upper half, but he finally looked at his phone and plodded towards Bakugou's dorm.

Endeavor
Missed Calls (17)

Endeavor
INSTANT!!

Endeavor
THIS

Endeavor
PHONE

Endeavor
YOUR

Endeavor
UP

Endeavor
PICK

Todoroki began to scroll back through the additional forty-two text messages he'd received from Endeavor, but the messages were either familiar invectives and threats, or they simply demanded that Todoroki answer his texts or his calls. I honestly don't give two shits about how he'll respond or punish me for this, he thought as he began to type. I don't feel like talking to him.

Shouto
i picked up my phone. i'm putting it down now

As the icon heralding an inferno of unfettered rage popped up on Todoroki's screen as three white dots in a blue text bubble, Todoroki blocked Endeavor's contact and slipped his phone into his pocket. With a sigh that scraped the bottom of his lungs, he knocked on Bakugou's dorm and was promptly snatched from the inside by the ash-blond beast lurking beyond Todoroki's reaction time.

"Took ya long enough, jackass," Bakugou scoffed, closing the door with his elbow. "The hell took you so damn long?"

"Endeavor."

"Tch. He can go fuck himself. Oi. Why are you so calm after what happened?" Bakugou sat on his bed with his legs dangling over the side, and with the waggle of his hand, he gestured for Todoroki to join him.