4 | Let's Talk

Katsuki Bakugou

"I'd say, 'course I wasn't,' but what do you mean?" Bakugou inquired while poking his head outside his dorm and ensuring that no other people were present before gesturing for Todoroki to follow suit.

Todoroki offered his vapid shrug to answer Bakugou's question. He walked with leaden, astringent movements, despite his fragile physique.

With a snort, Bakugou slammed down a new topic. "Whaddya feel like eating?"

"I don't...really care."

"Think of something."

Todoroki yawned. "Whatever you're having, I suppose."

Once Todoroki and Bakugou headed down to the kitchen, Iida and Yaoyorozu were already present. Iida was spooning beef stew into his mouth, and Yaoyorozu was drinking a steaming cup of what Bakugou imagined to be tea.

"Greetings!" Iida cordially greeted the approaching duo with the vertical slice of his arm.

"Good morning," Yaoyorozu chuckled after observing Iida's iconic greeting.

"Morning," Todoroki sighed.

While Todoroki lumbered off towards a cabinet and grabbed a small jar of honey, Bakugou began to prepare two omelettes. He descried Todoroki from the corner of his eye, and after the first instance of glancing at his classmate transpired, he continued to sneak ephemeral glances at Todoroki.

I've never been so distracted by someone before, Bakugou growled to himself while pouring the bowl of eggs he'd beaten into a pan. Wonder what his laugh sounds like. Bet it's hella cute. Maybe soft. Like a light chuckle? Wait, when the hell did I start thinking about this?!

Once the omelettes had been prepared, Uraraka, Satou, Midoriya, Jirou, and Asui had also joined the quartet in the kitchen. Bakugou silently observed as Todoroki ate his omelette; Bakugou had drowned the rest of the world out to fixate his enthralled attention on Todoroki.

"Yeah, I heard that we're gonna be swimming!" Uraraka jubilantly exclaimed.

Midoriya sheepishly grinned, but Bakugou attempted to eradicate the image of his bush-haired childhood friend from his mind. "The weather is great for it, so I'm excited."

While the animated chatter chirped throughout the common area, Todoroki excused himself for the bathroom. At the time, Bakugou paid the action no mind, but what he did find to be thoroughly perplexing was how Todoroki gulped down about half of a spoonful of honey once he returned.

Why the actual fuck? Bakugou wondered while the majority of the students in the kitchen shuffled away to attend class. If he's anything like me, that honey's the equivalent of my hot sauce. Could fuckin' drink it like water. But honey? That's nasty.

"Oi. You not goin' to class?" Bakugou queried while Todoroki pushed the honey back into the kitchen cabinet.

Todoroki shook his head. "I would've set an alarm if I planned to go to class today." He pressed the side of his cheek against the counter.

"From the minute you said you'd stay, you already knew you'd be skippin' class?!"

"Yeah."

"You! Asshole!" Bakugou bared his glistening fangs. "Why the hell would you do that?"

A shrug nodded from Todoroki's shoulders. "I wanted to."

"Goddammit. Whatever. Why the hell were you eatin' honey?"

"I like the taste."

"Is that alcohol? Kacchan, I didn't know you—"

"Hits the spot sometimes."