Twenty eight

Chapter twenty eight | Ekaterina
Things have been spiraling out of my control lately, so I've been trying to stop letting hundreds of thoughts eat my mind away, and just live in the moment, of course, that failed.

"Ekaterina." Vladimir's voice pulls me away from my thoughts and my eyes meet his, his brows are furrowed and a confused look is clear on his face, "Did you hear any of what I said?" He asks and regret washes over me as I shake my head.

"Sorry, I was thinking of something." I mutter under my breath and he nods, looking utterly unconvinced but he lets it drop, "Where's your brother?" I ask when I realize how long he's disappeared.

"Inside." He motions at his—our room, my brows furrow as questions start clouding my mind, but my sister coming into view making my thoughts come to a halt, "here." She mutters and I don't process anything as she places a cookie in my mouth.

The sugary taste hits the back of my throat and my eyes widen in pleasure "Wow." I murmur and she grins, looking utterly proud of herself, she passes one for Vladimir as well, who stares at her for a longer beat than normal before biting onto the cookie.

"It's perfect." He mutters in approval and she shrugs "Perfect?" She can't hide the grin on her face as she hums the word, "Absolutely fucking perfect." He looks up into her eyes and for a moment I don't think he's talking about the cookies.

I decide that I'm done with whatever the hell is going on between both of them as I stand up and walk towards where Alexander is supposed to be, lightly knocking on the door as I step inside.

He's standing in front of the closet door that's opened widely while he's giving me his naked back, his muscles tense when he notices my presence but he doesn't utter a single word to acknowledge me.

I clear my throat and quietly close the door behind me, "Did you want me?" The moment those words leave my mouth I know that I chose the wrong ones because I can literally feel Alexander's smug smirk.

"I've always did." His deep raspy voice rattles through the air sending a shudder through my body as I try to remain composed, "Come here, sweetheart." He orders and for some reason, I walk toward him.

Curious to find out what he wants but the other part of me just follows what he said without a convincing reason, stupid stupid, when I arrive beside him, my lips part at the view in front of him.

All kinds of guns and knives are sprawled in front of him, he's holding one in his hand as well, filling it with bullets, my thoughts screaming that he'll kill me but the logical answer is that this won't actually happen.

Or at least I pray so, he slowly turns so that he's facing me, his intense gaze right on my eyes as he takes a step closer, then another and another, I suck in a breath when my back hits the wall behind me.

His strong scent filling in my nostrils from how close he is, he grazes his tongue across his teeth as if he's mad, still clutching the gun in his hand as he slowly pulls the safety on, I let out a breath and his brows furrow for a beat before he angles the gun on my chin as he slowly raises it so that I'm not avoiding his gaze.

His eyes are flaming with fire as he continues staring at me, I release a wobbly breath as my lips part, and just when I'm about to ask what's happening, he smashes his lips down on mine.

The gun still holding my chin up as I stand on my tiptoes, moaning in his mouth when his other hand comes around my neck as he pulls me closer, his chest vibrating in approval when I spread my fingers through his hair and tug at it.

When we both pull apart, his lips are now flushed and his whole expression has transformed into one that I can't determine, I swallow hard as I try to catch my breath "What are you doing, Alexander?" I ask waiting for any answers.

"What are you doing, Ekaterina?" He shoots back and I tilt my head, somehow gaining some of my confidence back as I stand tall, or at least try to, "what do you mean?" I ask in the most nonchalant tone I can manage even if it's unconvincing.

He grazes his hand across his unshaven jaw, looking unbelievably attractive for some reason, it's the hormones, I try to ignore my weird consumptions and focus on the man who looks like he wants to rip someone apart.

"Okay, so we're playing this game, the one where we're being stupid you know." He says dryly and fire sparks through my body, rage boiling through my veins, sure I shouldn't take it personally but I've been called stupid throughout my whole life, and every time it fucking hurt, I hated being called that in any form of the word.

I don't know why people thought it was okay to call me that, but at the end of the day, the blame is all on me, if I allowed them to do so then I had nobody to blame but myself.

"I'm not stupid." I reply, anger now lacing through my voice and he catches on to it, "you're acting stupid, I never said that you are." He protests with the same fire that's igniting through every single bone in my body.

I roll my eyes and try to push away the hurt that spread through my heart for some reason, "if you just tell me what you're hiding, then I won't have to hurt you, I don't want to." He forces out, his tone softening further.

I relax a bit and look up into his eyes, contemplating the thought which is completely stupid, I lean into him and graze my nose across his cheek, and his breath hitches, "I'm sorry." I apologize sincerely, in the softest tone I can manage.

The muscles in his jaw tick and I clear my throat as I wait for his next move "We have an event today." He states, changing the topic, I let out a breath and nod "Okay." I mutter under my breath and he stares at me for a beat before going back to whatever the hell he was doing.

"When is it?" I ask to ease the thick tension through the air, he side eyes me before replying curtly  "Ten sharp, don't be late." He demands and my lips twitch, annoyance spreading through my body even though I know he has every right to be mad.

I start walking away and just when my hand is on the handle he finally speaks up "Your dress is ready in your closet." His gruff tone makes me smile as I slowly get out of the room.

Excitement and curiosity sparking through my body at the thought of what was waiting for me,

*:・゚✧*:・

Vladimir whistles when I step into the living room and I grin, scanning how I look in the mirror with excitement that has been rare lately, Alexander got me a hot pink backless dress that fell to my knees and hugged my body in all the right places.

"I look hot." I exclaim dramatically and smile in my sister's direction, she smiles and nods in approval "That's an accurate statement." She says sternly and I let out a breath as I scan the dress again.

"Where's dear brother?" Vladimir joins in, his tone sounding as if he's somehow—bored? "He's-"Just when I'm about to talk, the said brother walks inside, wearing his expensive black tux that's paired with a watch that could possibly buy all of us.

"Right here." His harsh tone spreads an awkward silence through the air and for some reason I can't take my eyes off him, his perfectly styled black hair, his trimmed beard, and the way his piercing gray eyes are right on mine spread a wave of heat through my body.

His gaze slowly descends down my body and it feels like he's internally taking off my clothes, a shudder goes down my body and my spine straightens as I roll my shoulder when he slips his hand over my waist.

Possessively pulling me to him, his scent fills my nostrils and I breathe him in ignoring the way my body seems to relax in his hold, he leans down to whisper in my Ears and I embrace myself for his words.

"If a man glances in your way, people are going to die today, Ekaterina, I'm starting to regret buying this dress." He says in a low tone and a shiver runs down my throat as my cheeks redden, my lips parting,

"you better start walking before I miss another event and fuck you against the nearest wall, Sweetheart." He adds and my traitorous body seems to welcome his dirty words because heat pools through my belly at his promising tone, something is clearly wrong with me.

But I decide to go along with the logical option and start moving my legs even if both of us are disappointed by my action.

A vote is really appreciated