Nine

Chapter nine | Ekaterina
It's been four days since I got married, and truth be told, it's fun.

Not fun okay, but it's not as unbearable as I thought, let's say that I'm adapting, however, some things are still the same.

Like the fact that Valentina despises my existence for some reason, the woman genuinely has major problems.

She's currently glaring at me, it became her significant expression whenever she sees my face.

I raise a questioning brow when she doesn't turn her gaze away from me, which causes her to roll her eyes and stalk out of the kitchen.

But thankfully I'll have to deal with her once every week, that's a thing I'm really grateful for.

I search the kitchen drawers for the Cheerios I found a couple of days ago, I'm truly blessed with those.

"What are you doing?" His voice meets my ears and I startle, even though I've been getting used to his unexpected appearance every now and then.

"Searching for food," I state the obvious and suppress the urge to roll my eyes at him, I swear I can feel his glare burning a hole in my back.

"Found it." I sigh gratefully and place the package on the counter only to find it empty, I groan in frustration and contemplate if the idea wandering through my mind is stupid or not.

"Why don't we go shopping, hmm? I also need some art supplies." I say and give him the most charming grin I can,

the muscle in his jaw ticks and he glance at the expensive watch on his wrist, and uncontrollably I roam my gaze all over him.

He's wearing his usual three piece-black tux and a black undershirt which isn't surprising at this point, everything fucking black, his dark hair is perfectly styled on his head,

sharp cheekbones and strong jaw, and his piercing gray eyes that are right on mine, the man in front of me looks like he came right out of a fashion magazine.

"I have a meeting in an hour, and I'm sure as hell that you won't finish your 'shopping' in less than that." He says and I frown, losing any hope of going out.

It hasn't been that long since I went anywhere, but I just hate staying in this house, it's so....lonely, I don't even know how to describe it, it just feels like I'm locked up.

I shift my gaze to his and nod, he stares at me for a beat and put his hands in his pockets, "I'll come to take you after the meeting if you want." He says, raising a brow.

Joy sparks inside me and I grin, "I'll be ready." I say excitedly and stride towards him, his face stays blank but I don't miss the hint of a smile at the corner of his lips.

"One day it'll be a full-on grin, I promise you that," I say confidently and he looks taken aback for a moment, he probably thought I couldn't notice that he's happy.

Well, he does underestimate me sometimes.

"Shut up." He grumbles teasingly and I roll my eyes as I brush past him, but I don't even bother with wiping the smile off my face as I walk away.

*:・゚✧*:・

"Jesus, fucking pink." He mutters the moment I get in the car, "you're not allergic to color, Alexander, it's okay." I say mockingly assuring him.

He narrows his eyes and I smile a little, "it looks beautiful, don't even try to deny it." I mumble and he doesn't utter a word as he turns on the engine and strides off.

I roll my eyes but don't push him further, I'm glad his robotic self is even functioning to me at the moment.

Moments of silence pass and I don't make a move to break it, I lose track of time until I find him parking and waiting for me.