Twenty five

Twenty five | Ekaterina
My life was slowly falling apart, I could smell it in the damn air as I stepped inside the house, an hour ago, Kiara and I decided to go shopping because the house was starting to feel like a prison.

It was fun until that deathly headache started forming in my head, "Vlad." I yell for him to listen and he walks toward me, wearing an annoyed expression, "What?" He asks and I motion behind him "Can you bring me an ibuprofen pill or something."

"I cannot believe you just woke me up for this! Grab it yourself." He exclaims dramatically and turns backward, walking away as my sister gives me an apologetic look, "he's always a different person when someone wakes him up." She says then chokes on a breath.

My brows furrow as I inspect my head, dropping down on the sofa, I think I'm dying, god is definitely torturing me for what I'm doing to Alexander, "how do you know that?" I ask as I raise a brow in her direction then wince.

"It's a logical conclusion." She states and doesn't meet my eyes as she hurries away "I'm getting you the pills." She says and I scoff "Thanks." Muttering under my breath as moments pass and she finally comes into view.

Holding out a pill for me, "Here, take it." She passes it to me with a cup of water, I gulp it down and rest my head on the pillow, praying that this shit goes away.

We supposedly have one of those 'events' tonight and I should be ready for them, Also, since Alexander has been closed off lately he'll probably make this much harder, I mean it's understandable but I cannot help feeling annoyed.

"It'll make you feel better, just rest for a while." My sister says gently and I nod, laying down on the couch, he'll probably kill me for the way I'm sleeping on it when I have a Normal bed inside, the death glare he gave us when he found Vladimir and I watching a movie three days ago was enough to make me rethink my whole existence.

I yawn and grab the pillow and place it under my head, the pain throbs through my whole mind and I groan, trying to drift away to sleep.

*:・゚✧*:・

My vision blurs as I try to open my eyes again, "what were you thinking, Kiara?" That's definitely Alexander's voice, he's mad, why is he mad? "I didn't know it was a fucking drug pill! Why do you even have them?" What the hell?

"Wha-" I start but wince when I try to straighten up, my head feels like it's going to explode, in the literal meaning "Okay, Ekaterina babe don't freak out." My sister's soothing voice makes me open my eyes again.

Everything stays blurry before I finally focus on her face, she's giving men an apologetic look, which is never good for that case, "you're drugged." My sister states and fear spreads through me as my eyes widen, "what?" I almost scream and she swallows hard without meeting my eyes.

"The effect of it will fade away tomorrow, you just have to calm down." Alexander states, his voice gentler than normal but it doesn't help at all, "But—what about the event? I can't go like this!" I exclaim and sit up.

Ignoring the way everything is spinning around me "We're not going." He says sternly, surprise floods through my body and I raise my brows "Oh." That's all I have to say, "Yeah, oh." He replies dryly and drops down beside me.

And I think he looks...really handsome, "thanks." He says and my eyes widen just as a smirk spreads over his face, Did I just say that out loud? "Fuck, your ego is already in the sky," I mutter under my breath and amusement flashes over his face.

"This is going to be fun." He states raising a brow, "I'm glad I'm entertaining you." I snarl and his lips twitch, a beat passes and none of us decides to break it, the sound of footsteps catches my attention as I look up, seeing Vlad walk towards us.

"Your sister is a devil." He breathes out and I glare in his direction, raising a warning finger as he sits in the chair beside Alexander, "Don't c-call her that." I slur and he looks taken aback.

"What's going on?" He asks cautiously as my said sister exchanges a look with Alexander before they spill it all out, Vlad looks like he's holding in a laugh, the prick, "Okay, so since we're all staying here, let's play a game." He then says after a moment, his brother groans and my sister closes her eyes as if she's regretting her whole life.

However, I smile wobbly in his direction and point a finger at him "I think that's a really good idea." I squeal excitedly and grin, a weird feeling going through my body, "Russian roulette sounds fun to me." Alexander deadpans and a shiver runs down my body.

Vlad shudders and shakes his head "We will play, never have I ever, Jesus." He mutters under his breath and I nod, siding with him as I normally do, "She's drugged and you're going to make her drink even more." Alexander states dryly and Kiara nods "This is stupid."

"Can you all stop being boring for a second? I won't die." I silently pray that I actually won't, "I mean, speaking logically, you just offered that we play a game with a gun, I think that's more deadly than drinking." Vladimir shrugs and stands up.

Walking towards the kitchen and moments later he appears with a bottle of vodka and cups, I grimace "I don't like bland vodka." I state and they look at me like I've grown two heads.

I'm sure my Russian ancestors would turn in their graves and curse me to the lowest pit in hell for that statement. Kiara even accused me of being a 'fake Russian' for slandering the holy messiah of her existence, my dad also said I should apologize to his Russian blood.

"This is ridiculous." Vladimir exclaims dramatically as he disappears in the hallway and shows up with a bottle of whiskey seconds later, I let out a breath and he shrugs, but makes an "I see you" motion with his finger and I can't help the laugh that escapes me.

He starts filling our cups, "That's enough." Alexander grits through his teeth when Vladimir starts filling my cup, I glare and raise a brow "I want more." I say just to spite him and he glowers.

A shiver runs down my spine but I push his words away and raise my chin as I smile at my husband's brother, I blink a couple of times as I lean back, feeling a little dizzier than before, "Who will go first?" Vlad's voice pulls me away from my thoughts and I look up.

When no one answers, he rolls his eyes and sighs "Fine, me." He states and drops down on the nearest chair, warily eyeing my sister for a moment before his gaze finds mine, "never have I ever gotten a tattoo." He goes easy for the first one and I grab my cup, swallowing a small sip as the sharp taste hits the back of my throat.

"Show it." He then adds and I exchange a look with my sister "Is this from the game rules?" I ask teasingly and he shrugs "No, if you don't want to it's fine—I didn't mean." He startles rambling and I raise a finger to stop him "It's fine, I'm just curious." I state honestly.

When my gaze meets Alexander's, he looks tense, jaw clenched as always and he looks like he wants to murder his brother for a moment, "how many am I supposed to show exactly?" He deadpans and Vlad doesn't look surprised as he speaks "Whatever you want, just one."

Alexander goes first as he takes off his shirt, revealing hard muscles that spread heat through my body, no no there are the drugs talking, of course.

He points at his heart, there's a small sword there, but it's not that noticeable, I suck in a breath and lean further in my seat when he slips his shirt back on, "It seems like it's your turn." Vladimir directs his words at me.

I pull up my sleeve and motion at the tattoo on the back of my arm, Alexander chuckles "You have a toast tatted on you?" He asks, his tone undeniably amused, I wiggle my brows and shrug "Yes." I reply in the most nonchalant tone I can manage even as a smile spreads over my face.

I ignore the pain clenching through my chest as my sister passes me a wary look, no amusement over her face or even joy, which isn't surprising, "next question." She says sternly and I relax in my seat.

"Never have I ever moaned the wrong name in bed," Kiara states and I choke on my breath, she seems like she's talking from experience which is concerning, Alexander gives her a one-over, and I wonder what's going on through his mind.

"What? I was drunk."

A vote is really appreciated 🫶