Ten

Chapter ten | Ekaterina
"Calm down." His harsh tone meets my ears and it makes me want to jump from the nearest window.

I get that feeling a lot when I'm around him though, which is fucking concerning.

He raises a brow and I grit my teeth "can you please shut up? You don't get it." I mumble and he rolls his eyes and clutches my shaking hands.

We're still at home since the flight is in an hour but I can't help my racing heart, "look at me." He says sternly and I slowly raise my eyes to meet his.

The sunlight dawns on his face showing off every small detail that I'm trying so hard to ignore, "yes?" I force as I fidget nervously with my fingers.

He closes his eyes for a beat and curses under his breath, "we're taking the train, Ekaterina." He says and my eyes widen as confusion builds inside me.

"What do you mean?" I find myself asking to not crush the spark of hope that's blooming inside my chest, he tilts his head a little, placing two rough fingers on my chin as he raises my head slightly.

"I'm saying that I canceled the plane ticket, we're taking the train instead, even though it'll take three days." He says and an immediate breath of relief leaves my lips.

Just as happiness sparks inside my heart, I grin and I don't think twice as I wrap my arms around him, he freezes, his body completely still and for a moment I wonder if he'll push me away.

But he doesn't, he stays like he is, the asshole doesn't even hug me back, but I'm way too happy to focus on that, "thankyouthankyouthankyou." I mumble into his neck and pull away.

Shock is plastered on his face, he blinks slowly as he studies my face, and for a split second I panic if I forgot to cover my scar, but from the peaceful expression on his face, I don't think so.

His full soft lips are parted, and his eyes are on mine, I don't think I've ever seen such color, they're the lightest shade of gray with pecks of black inside, contrasting well with his dark hair.

"You'll make us late, get ready." He says after a beat and I smile as I get up excitedly, striding away from him with the same smile still plastered on my face.

*:・゚✧*:・

"What are you doing?" I take a peek at his laptop and then face him again, to find him glaring at me as he turns his precious laptop away.

I raise my brows teasingly and lean back in my seat, "should I worry? Are you texting someone....a woman maybe?" I say innocently as I dramatically cover my heart.

That catches his attention as he looks up from whatever he's doing and closes his laptop, he raises his brows, "no women don't worry." He says with ease shrugging.

I narrow my eyes "men then?" I add and he rolls his eyes, "no one, not of any gender, Jesus, I'm married to you, remember?" He says in a fake sweet tone as he flashes his marriage ring in my face.

I bite the inside of my cheek to hold a laugh but I fail miserably as always which earns me a small smirk of his,

"How long have we been here?" I ask and he checks his watch, "five hours, you still have sixty-seven left."
He says in the most nonchalant tone I've ever heard.

As if he's enjoying this, I sigh and pull my hair up in a ponytail, letting my mind wander back to the thought that's been eating me up lately.

Every time I call my sister, she has to bring up the fact that my art is worth being sold, and I can't stop her words from getting to me this time.

I mean when is it going to be enough for me? I don't see an endpoint where I'll stop when I reach it, it's like I'm going after an endless cycle.

A snap of fingers pulls me away from my thoughts and my gaze lands on none other than the person in front of me.