Four

Chapter four | Alexander
"Are you married yet?" That's the first thing that meets my ears when I answer my older brother's call.

And I start regretting it at the same moment, "does anybody ask people that?" I ask rolling my eyes as I grab a bottle of water.

"I don't know, man, but anyway do I need to give you the talk? You know don't get her pregnant—please don't, I don't want to be an uncle this early okay?" He murmurs and I can't help the smile spreading over my face.

"Nope don't worry, no nephews for a decade," I say and I hear him coughing in the background,

"um...am I supposed to worry? Do you have some kind of infection? Oh, Jesus, Maybe you need to get checked hold up, I'll send you an excellent doc—" he starts and I sigh,

"I can give you a goddamn nephew I just don't want to is that clear?" I ask and put him on speaker as I contemplate whether or not I should just hang up on him.

"Okaay...so I want to know about her, describe her in one word." He says so hopefully, I can't help laughing at his excitement.

The first thought that comes to mind is the color pink,

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at the color without seeing her in it ever again, not sure if that's great either.

"Chaos." I go with this one because it definitely describes her, with her pink closet and bold choice of words,

I have to be honest though she did impress me.

"When is your wedding by the way? I don't remember when we're flying." He mutters and yawns,

"It's in two days, asshole." I say and he gasps dramatically "wow, so I'll have to wait two days to see her, I'll be waiting in your bedroom okay? Don't-" that's the moment I follow my inner gut and end the call.

Speaking of Ekaterina, we supposedly have one of her "meetings" today, she decided to make them so we can know each other better.

Which is obviously a lie, she made it to ruin this marriage, but whether she likes it or not she's stuck with me with all her fucking pink and bad influence.

The phone ring startles me and I almost ignore it assuming that it's my brother again, but I catch her name in the corner of my eye.

"Hello, future husband." Her bright sarcastic voice meets my ears, she's been calling me that for weeks now, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying it.

"It's twelve." I mutter and rub a hand over my face, she normally calls me way later than that "really? I didn't know, okay never mind so today it'll be different." She says, and I catch a hint of excitement in her voice.

Oh god, this can't be good.

"How different?" I ask impatiently, "do you always reply with just two words or am I the problem?" She asks so arrogantly and a small smile spreads on my face.

"You're the problem." I reply dryly and she releases a frustrated breath, "look, meet me in front of my house and I'll tell you everything." She says, irritation clear in her voice.

"I'll Be there in ten." I say and she curses under her breath "fine." She says and hangs up.

Sometimes I can't decide if she's actually bold or just absolutely stupid.

*:・゚✧*:・

"What the hell is all that? Are we camping?" I ask as I scan the amount of bags she got.

"Ha ha, no we're not, you're going to do some yoga with me, I do it weekly." She says so confidently, raising her chin at me.

"Weekly?" I ask and raise a brow, she's lying which isn't a surprise, but making her embarrassed is just another level of fun.

"Yeah, starting from today." She crosses her hands over her chest, and raises both her brows at me, I suppress the smile that's spreading on my face and turn to the road.

She's going to kill me, maybe her plan is working after all.

Moments later we arrive at her 'destination', her words not mine.

"What did you put in this? A fucking goat?" I glare at her and grab the other bag, she raises a challenging brow at me.

"Well, Mr.big muscle you need to work on them a little more if you're complaining about those little bags." She says in a nonchalant way.

I narrow my eyes and drop the bag as I walk towards her, I know that she's provoking me, that's exactly what she wants, but my mind doesn't follow in my footsteps this time.

I grab her by the waist and put her over my shoulder, "let me down!" She screams while attempting to punch my back which is absolutely ridiculous.

"Alright! Alright! You know what? Your big huge absolutely humongous muscles are the best thing I've ever seen." She says so seriously I can't help but laugh.

I continue doing so as I put her down, and I watch her shocked expression morphing into a happy one before she winks at me.

Literally winks at me.

"I can't believe I just witnessed this, does this occasion happens every once in a while or what?" She asks out loud as she starts unboxing the bags she got.

"You're so funny." I deadpan and she snickers, "oh I've been told." She says casually as she throws something at me.

It hits me in the face so hard I have to close my eyes, and I hear her laughter before I open my eyes, "I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to-" she starts and my eyes drift to whatever hit me in the face.

A human-size pink teddy bear lies on the ground, staring back at me with pink hair ties stuck in what I suppose is a bald head?

I run a hand through my hair and actually think logically about this whole situation, how did I go from being one of the most feared men in New York to being hit by a huge ass teddy bear by my future wife.

Ah man, how crazy life can get.

"Hey! Are you okay?" She snaps her fingers and my eyes focus on her, she steps closer and stands right in front of me.

The sunlight falls on her pale skin, making her freckles shine more, my eyes find hers who are already staring up at me.

She has one blue eye and the other one is brown, they look absolutely exquisite, adding to her aura,

I also want to ask her many things, I want to ask her what she likes, and I want to ask her about what makes her happy.

and even after all her failed attempts at pushing me away, it just made me want her way more.

"You! Hey! I didn't realize the bear could do this to you, I won't bring him ever again I promise, just stay alive." She says widening her eyes at me.

I blink a couple of times before staring at her, "how can you be this funny?" I ask dryly,

"Here he is, the arrogant annoying assholic guy that I know," she says smiling widely at me, "assholic? Is that even a word?" I ask and her brows furrow.

"It isn't?" She asks and for a moment I just regret my whole existence before coming back to life.

"Nope." I reply and she raises her brows excitedly, "wow okay, consider it my word," she says shrugging as she walks away,

Maybe this marriage will be fun after all

Maybe it will be or maybe not 🤝🏻

A vote is really appreciated.