Chapter 33. Christmas lights.

Guys! Here you have Chapter 33! Thanks again for all the reads, commments and votes, we really appreciate everything you guys do! But we have something to say here. Stop hating on Maddie, it's a fictional character, she doesn't exist. Sometimes some comments look like those tweets sending hate to Eleanor, Danielle and Perrie, calm down duuuudes! It's true she's been a bit of a drama queen, but hey, if she wasn't, there wouldn't be any story to tell here! So we just hope you get to (or try to at least) understand that she's been through a lot and if you put your trust in someone and tell them not to say anything, you really expect them to do as you said. That's why Niall upset her. And it's the Niall girl talking right now, while the Harry girl is busy with uni work.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter and the song by the amazing Coldplay! :)

Love you all xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Like some drunken Elvis singing, I go singing out of tune,

saying how I always loved you darlin', and I always will.

Oh when you're still waiting for the snow to fall, 

it doesn't really feel like Christmas at all.

Those Christmas lights light up the street, down where the sea and city meet.

May all your troubles soon be gone, oh, Christmas lights, keep shining on'.

A week after. Christmas Day.

“Leigh, I’m leaving”.

“Maddie, are you sure you want to go?”

“I have no other choice…”

“But your father will be there and…”

“Don’t worry Leigh, I’ll be fine”.

“You can stay here with me and Nate”.

“No, I’m going to Bolton, I want to see my mum. And anyway, I need to get some fresh air, and forget about everything even for a couple of hours”.

“When you say ‘everything’, do you mean Niall?”

“Yes…”

“Haven’t you guys talked yet?”

“No, and I don’t think we will for a while. Leigh, you know this is very hard for me, and I don’t even know how he’s doing…”

“He’s broken”.

“How do you know?”

“Harry told me”.

“Sure… It’s only been a week, anyway, we need some more time…”, I said, as she shrugged her shoulder. “Is Harry coming here today?”, I asked.

“Yes, but just to give me my Christmas present and I give him his, so it’ll be just me and Nate for the night”.

“Would you do me a favour?”

“Sure”.

I went to my room and took the box I had prepared long ago. I went back to the living room and gave it to Leigh.

“What’s this?”

“Tell Harry to give it to Niall”.

“Are you sure?”