Chapter 27. Little Things.

GUYYYYYYYYSSSS WE HIT MORE THAN 2,000 READS WITH THE LAST CHAPTER THANK YOU SO MUCH! :))))) Here you have chapter 27, hope you enjoy it! :) thanks again for all the reads, comments and votes, it really means a lot!

Dedication goes to @niam_direction for being so cute in every chapter! :)

Much love xxxx

PS, check out our other stories please! :) xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you,

and you never treat yourself right, darlin', but I want you to.

If I let you know I'm here for you,

maybe you'll love yourself like I love you (...)

I'm in love with you and all your little things'.

End of October, 2012.

“You aren’t going to show me Little Things either, are you?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you didn’t want to show me Live While We’re Young so I guess it’ll be the same with this one”.

“Exactly”.

“But why not? Don’t I have any right to listen to it?”

“No”.

“C’mon Niall, please”.

“Look, we’ll do something, I show you the song and I promise you you’ll be the first to watch the video”.

“It’s a good deal”.

“Bear in mind it’s this or nothing”.

“Well, I guess it’d be good to listen to it…”

I saw him getting up from the couch, leaving the living room and then coming back holding his guitar.

“I thought we’d listen to it on the computer or something”.

“Don’t you rather listen to me singing it to you?”

“I don’t know…”

“It’ll be a special show for you, any fan would die to be you, and also, no boy will do something like this for you, ever”.

I laughed and nodded. He started singing while playing his guitar. I just stood there, listening to every single note he played, to every single word he sang. I was fascinated. In that moment he was singing to no one else but me. It was just me and Niall, and no one could change that. When he finished the song and looked up at me, I knew that what he said was true; he truly loved me.

“Niall, it’s beautiful”.

“Well, I would’ve liked to write it myself, but all the credit goes to Ed Sheeran”.

“Do you know Ed!?”

“Sure, he’s a good friend”.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“I thought we were talking about how well I sang”.

“Yes, you did great, but is it true you know Ed?”

“Of course, but why are you so excited?”

“Well basically because he’s one of my favourite singers”.

“You’ve never told me so”.

“You’ve never asked either!”

“There was no reason why”.

“I know”.

“Do you want to meet him?”

“Me? Meeting Ed Sheeran?”

“Yes, you, Ed”.

“Weel, yes, but I don’t want to be a burden for him”.

“You wouldn’t be”.

“But I don’t want to, maybe some other day. Today I want to spend the whole day with you, just you and me”, I said, cuddling up with him and resting my head on his shoulder.

“Why are you that interested in spending the whole day with me?”

“What? Is it strange that I want to spend the day with my boyfriend?”

“No, what’s strange is that you say that. You know, you never say nice things to me and you don’t even like it when I say them to you”.

“But I’ve written songs for you!”

“But you’ve never sung them to me”.

“Do you want me to sing one of my songs now?”

“If not, when?”

“Well, any other day, but today”.

“Why not”.

“Because I don’t want to”.

“Maddie...”

“No”.

“Maddie, please…”

“No”.

“Maddie, please, please, please, please…”

“Stop, I said no”.

“Maddie, c’mon”.

“No, and by the way, when are you going to show me the songs you’ve written to me?”

“Who said I wrote any song to you?”

“I know you, and I know you did”.

“You’re wrong”.

“Niall, you don’t know how to lie!”, I said, laughing.

“Well yes, I did write some songs to you, but I won’t show them to you, some of them are too…”

“Too what?”

“Erm… personal”.

“Those songs are about me, I have the right to know what they say!”

“Let’s make a deal, I won’t ask you again about what you wrote to me, and you won’t ask again about what I write to you, is that alright?”

“Deal”, I said, shaking hands with him. Then he pulled me closer and kissed me, until we ended up lying on the couch, cuddled with each other.

“Maddie, can I ask you something about Dylan?”

I thought about it for a couple of minutes and sighed.

“Sure”.

“Were you ever like this with him, like we are now?”

I took some time to answer that question. I visualized some memories I had almost forgotten. I looked back to the first weeks we were together.

“No, I don’t think so”, I finally said.

“Not even at the beginning?”

“No. At the beginning everything was alright, but he never paid to me half the attention you pay, he never asked how many songs I had written to him, or what he meant to me. I didn’t care how many times I called him on the phone, or how many nights I cried to myself before falling asleep. He never cared about, and I know I never meant anything to him. Those are things I have very clear”.

He looked at me confused, not knowing what to say, and I started playing with his hands.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked you anything. I’m stupid”.

“You just want to know things, I understand. Niall, I don’t mind talking about him with you. I trust you, you know that, and at the end of the day, what is a relationship without trust?”

I smiled at him, and he did the same back at me. He kissed my forehead and held me even tighter.