{13}

_________________________________

I forcibly grab my bag from Marin and Kyle standing in between them. "I can carry my own bag. It won't hurt me any further."

Walking away from the front of the classroom toward my desk. I sat down next to Nathaniel as he leans in a bit.

"How are you feeling? Doesn't your wrist hurt to carry your own bag? Do you want me to help you with homework?"

I held my hand out stopping him from jabbering. "I'm fine Nathaniel. Please I don't want you to make it seem I'm helpless."

He lets out a sigh nodding his head muttering out an apology. It's not his fault or anybody.

I should be the one watching where I'm going. "Alright class please open your textbooks to chapter 48."

As you write down notes from the chapter on a tablet the whole class keep turning looking at your direction.

Concerned your putting too much pressure on your wrist.

Why does it feel a hundred eyes on me? The whole class quickly turned their heads back. Looking up from my notes as Mrs. Bustier continuous to read off the chapter.

Maybe it's all in my head?

As the school bell echoes in the classroom I pick up my items placing them inside my bag.

Nathaniel picks up my tablet handing it over to me.

"C-can you meet me and marc in the courtyard?" I nodded my head as he smiled running out of the classroom.

Wow, it must be something important. Sitting up from my desk to walk out of the classroom passing by a few people.

As I walked along the railing Alix and Kim stand by the stairway scanning the area. "Target spotted!"

"Hey guys-" Alix and Kim ran up to me lifting me off the ground being carried down the stairs

"Target secured and safe!" Alix and Kim high-five each other. "Umm you both know I injured my wrist. Not my legs."

They both scratched behind their heads looking away. "Y-yeah sorry we didn't want you to get hurt again."

Hurt again? Wow I didn't realize they care so much..."N-no it's alright I understand.