{8}

_________________________________

The colors never seem to come off.  Walking down the steps approaching liberty as a soft melody of a guitar is playing.

I wonder who's playing? That melody is beautiful. It would make for a great ballad song.

I scan the area seeing Luka playing the guitar on a stage.

As I walk across the plank to approach him with my hands behind my back.

"It's a beautiful melody. Did you write it yourself?" Luka looks up at me nodding his head.

"I recently had a melody stuck in my head." Sitting down next to him as he continues to play the melody.

"C'mon lads! Supper is ready!"

Luka stood up holding his hand in front of me. "Aren't you hungry from the race? C'mon my mom made a huge spread."

I grab his hand as he help me up from the stage as we walked toward the table with variety of food laid out.

I don't think the whole group can finish all this... we're all going to need a doggy bag.

As you sit down at the table sitting across Luka. Marin's body becomes stiff trying hard not to squeal as you say next to him.

Savory and sweet food plates pass along among the table everyone filling up their plates.

F/d (favorite dessert) is passed along at the end of the table. I hope I get one! Marin receives the last f/d pouting your lips a bit.

Marin notices quickly placing the f/d on your plate. "T-take it! I'm not r-really a huge f-fan of f/d."

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yeah! Have it!" I thanked him for the last f/d enjoying every single bite. Marin smiles at the sight of you enjoying the dessert as Adrien slightly smiles clinging to his fork.

He looks down at his f/d. I should have been the one to offer her my f/d. He lets out a deep sigh.

---

"Schools not so bad so far-"

"Y/n! You have to listen to this incredible song Luka wrote!" Alya drags me away from rose, juleka, and mylene to the other side of the boat.

Forcing me to sit in front of Luka as she gestures to him to play the song again. "It's only half done but be honest with me."

I nodded my head as he takes a deep breath playing the melody from earlier but adding a few twists to the song.

"T-thats all I have so far." Applause his performance re-thinking of the melody.

"Why don't you continue the beginning the melody toward the end in a slightly higher key? It will bring a twist to the song."

Luka's eyes wide open quickly playing the melody finishing his song. "Thanks y/n... actually I was wondering if you could sing the song instead?"

I quickly stood up as Juleka places her hands on my shoulders "Great idea. It will give you a chance to sing again."

Sing?

Again?

"Again!" My throat gagging in pain as I stare back at the music sheet following every musical note as the vocal instructor smacks the table.

"How many times are you going to mess up?! You sound like a frog choking on a chicken leg!"

Hanging my head low keeping myself from crying. "I'm sorry..."

"If you want to debut then imitate a different voice. A lot of artists do so. Why do you think they're successful?"

I clutch the music sheet agreeing to the vocal instructor taking in a deep breath.

This might be my only chance left....

Four years down the drain

I have to make it worth something

...If not

What am I?

"Y/n! Are you alright?" Luka calls out snapping me out of my thoughts. "I-it's kind of you t-to offer but I rather sit this one out."

"I understand. You just left the music industry. Just come to me when you're ready." I nodded my head walking towards the docks.

---

Sliding against the wall pulling my knees toward my chest. All those endless lessons... we're they worth anything?

Marin out in patrol swinging around Paris stops on top of a building in front of your home.

He looks through your window witnessing you depress on the floor.

He jumps on your balcony knocking on the door. You quickly look up to see Mister Bug in your balcony.

Opening the balcony door, he slightly smiles "I was in the area. You seem down. What's wrong?"

Letting out a deep sigh running my hands through my hair.

"I-I don't know if I can sing again? The last time I ever sing was during rehearsal for the debut line up..."

"...The last time I was ever in a practice room."

Marin takes a step in your room sitting down on a comfy chair. "Still haunted by the past?"

Y/n nods her head "Don't we all? But if we keep hanging on to the past, how are we supposed to move forward?"

She moves her hair out of her face standing up from the floor. "T-thanks for listening. I'm sure you're not use to a stranger spilling their problems."

"Don't worry. I'm always here for the people of pairs." Rubbing the back of my head

Y/n steps close up to my face an inch away from my lips placing a kiss on my cheek.

I stumble my steps a bit trying to exit out of her room. Fumbling my yo-yo to swing out of her balcony.

Swinging across Paris as my cheeks burn up. I got a kiss! A kiss on my cheek!

Diving headfirst into my bed de transforming pulling a pillow near me.

"AH! TIKKI! SHE KISSED ME! ON THIS VERY CHEEK!" I exclaim on top of his lungs hugging a pillow.

"No wonder your redder than your hero suit." Tikki teases me as I try to cover my cheeks.

Ah they're burning up! I can't believe y/n open up to me! Since she trust minster bug maybe she'll trust Marin!

Hopefully I can be there for her as Marin