{5}

_________________________________

"Y/n! Wait!" I turn around to see Max and Alix running down the stairs jumping off the last steps. "Are you coming to the race?!" They exclaimed in unison.

"Um..." My phone begins to vibrate in my bag as I pull out my phone to look at the ID number.

Chae Yeon?

I wonder why she's calling me unexpectedly? "Y/n?" I snapped out of my thoughts looking back at Alix and Kim.

"Hmm! Of course! I wouldn't miss it!" You flashed them a fake smile as they became more hyped for the race

"Bye y/n!" They ran off to the courtyard as I quickly ran over to the corner of the courtyard far from students.

Maybe something bad happened with her agency?

I quickly pick up the call "Y/n! Please tell me it's not true!" I narrowed my eyes a bit crossing my arms. "What's not true?"

"That you left your company! It's always been our dreams to become idols..." It has speard hasn't it? It was only matter of time until dispatch and other media's will find out.

"No, it's true. I ended my contract with (company name). My contract was coming to the end and I saw no chance of debut... it's for the best."

"WM entertainment is always looking for new artists. If you like I could give a good word about you." She offered as I quickly shake my head rejecting the idea.

"I love you Chae but I need time away from the public eye." She lets out a sigh on the other line as I started to walk out of the school courtyard.

"I-I understand. I would've done the same thing as you but my contract doesn't end in three years."

I let out a soft chuckle imagining her trying to breach her contract.

"Even after your successful debut with the group they still wouldn't let you do activities or release music." Chae Yeon let out loud groans over the phone as I walked down the stone stairs.

"Don't remind me...But y/n take care of yourself. Take this time to reflect. Let's talk another time. Bye."

"Bye..." She hanged up the call as I crossed the street noticing a bakery.

Mmh maybe I should get something for dinner. I grip the door handle entering the bakery as the bell rang notifying a customer to enter the bakery.

Upon entering the bakery, to the left is a collection of glass display cabinets, showcasing many treats.

On top of the cabinets are small displays of baked bread, ready to sell.

The floors are ornately styled, with repeating designs of lilies and fleur-de-lis. The walls are wood near the entrance and brick farther back.

To the right are more displays, and further along is the register, with peels hanging from the ceiling above and a cast-iron oven in the background.

"Welcome! What can I get you dear?" A short woman with fair skin, short black hair with blue highlights and gray eyes.

"Hello! Can I get a small bag of f/f/m (favorite flavor macaroon) please." She nods her head grabbing a bag under the counter walking over to one of the displays.

She fills the bag up with macaroons before walking over back to the counter.

"That will be five euros please." I reach into my bag pulling out of the money for her. I hand her the money as she hands me the bag.

"Thank you and please come again." I turned around to hear the bell ring as a large crate of wooden apples titled forward as I quickly grabbed the bottom of the crate and my other hand on top. 

"Woah! Are you okay?" I curiously asked the person carrying the large crate of apples. 

"Yeah, thanks!"

Marin head pops up from the crate as his face turned red. "Y-y/n?! W-what a coincidence!"

"Let me help you bring it back."

Marin quickly nod his head guiding us toward the back of the shop placing it down on the ground.

"I-I have y-youwork. N-no! I mean h-homework! Yeah, homework!" Marin awkwardly walks out of the kitchen and accidentally hitting his head against the wall.

He flashes a shy smile at me before running away.

"You have a very lovely bakery." She held a bright smile on her face walking into the kitchen. "Thank you for helping my son. He's quite clumsy."

She rubs the side of her arm "I hate to admit this but my husband and I actually watched you on produce 48. We were huge fans of yours and hope you will debut."

Wow, I've never meant a parent who cheer me on.

"Thank you for your support but my debut is a fantasy now. After I left...my company."

I rub my arm as she stares at me in shock and sadness. "Oh my, you've come so far. They should have debut you!"

Marin overhears the conversation up in his room sulking a bit. He runs over to his computer typing your name on the search bar.

A bunch of articles, videos, and photos popped up as Tikki flies in front of the computer.

"Wow, she's accomplished so much at her age!" Tikki exclaims.

"But y/n never got to fulfill her dreams of becoming an idol Tikki. There must be a way to make her dreams come true."

Tikki pats Marin head "Don't worry you always find a solution." He smiles a bit but falls.

But how can I fulfill a dream of an idol for y/n? It's nearly impossible!