CHAPTER TWENTY

1987

back on the road again once more for our newly released album 'Master Of Puppets'.

Our tour is nearly finished up and for a one night special event our manager decided we should do a conjoined concert with Ozzy Osbourne.

As of now I'm standing backstage with James, Kirk, Lars and our new bassist Jason Newstead.

OZZY - "Any of you want a bump?" he said in a drunken and high state, offering us a silver platter lined with white powder

Everyone does a line. minus myself.

I promised I wouldn't fuck myself up with drugs and throw away everything i worked so hard to get. After All. Being a female guitarist in this industry is already hard enough.

OZZY - "what'chu doin' sweetheart? Take a hit"

Y/N - "Nah Oz', I don't do that shit."

LARS - "Come on. Its fucking Ozzy Osbourne offering you a line of coke! When is that EVER going to happen again?"

KIRK - "Yeah, come on Y/N"

I take a sigh and realize they were right. I snort the white powder while everyone stares and claps.

OZZY - "Well done darlin', Not bad for a first timer. We better get on stage, before we comatose"

We all laugh and make our way to the stage with our equipment.

Y/N - "Hey James? I'm not really feeling anything"

JAMES - "Trust me. You will on stage. It hits you like a bus. Ozzy only has that good shit so you're gonna be high out of your fucking mind"

Y/N - "I cant wait" I mutter to myself in a sarcastic tone.

AFTER THE SHOW

As soon as I played the opening note on my guitar i felt like i was floating. I'd never been high before in my life but man, it felt good. I'd never felt so alive and energized before. I'd say it was probably our best show yet.

Since this was our very last show we were advised to not go out partying in case we missed our flight.

KIRK - "Y/N! Come on!"

I was stumbling to my feet, laughing hysterically.

Running down the street to catch up to Kirk felt surreal. Like my feet weren't touching the ground.

I was carefree. I had no shame and my anxieties were lifted off my shoulders.

The streetcars were driving by and the streetlights illuminated the broken up sidewalk.

Kirk was waiting for me to catch up and all of a sudden I had to urge to just..

Kiss him..

Our long passionate kiss ends when he pulls away and holds my face, gazing into my eyes before coming back for more.

Suddenly, the moment was ruined by Lars screaming across the street

LARS - "HOLY SHIT, DUDE! YOU OWE ME 20 BUCKS HETFIELD! HA!"

We laugh and begin to walk to the Hotel, our hands brushing up against each-others. Us both secretly blushing knowing whats going to happen when that bedroom door shuts.

FIN.